BIRAC is a Schedule B Not-for-profit Section 8, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech industry to undertake strategic research and Innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs. The mandate of BIRAC is to catalyse the transformation of the rapidly growing biotechnology sector in India including med-tech towards achieving excellence at global level.
Post : Manager, Research Analysis and Facilitation
Make In India (MII) Cell at BIRAC was set up by the Department of Biotechnology in 2015 to facilitate activities under the Nation Mission of Make In India for biotech sector. The position is purely temporary on contractual basis co-terminus with the project based on the performance
Consolidated Emoluments (Per Month) : Rs. 90,000/-, depending upon qualifications & experience.
Essential Qualifications : Master degree in Science or allied areas, OR Master in Public policy / Business Administration with Graduate degree in Science or allied areas
Experience : 6 years. Minimum 2 years of Biotech Industry experience in Competitive Landscaping, Project Management or Translational and Product development activities.
Desirable : Exposure and understanding of biotech sector through working in Knowledge Processing Organization, Contract Research Organization, Startup, Public Policy Administration, others.
Age Limit : 38 Years as on 25th November 2022
Job Description : Facilitate Biotech Industry* and sectoral stakeholders related activities under the National Mission Program-Make in India.
*Biopharma/ Pharma/ Medical Devices/ Diagnostics/ Agro & Food tech/ Industrial Biotech/ Bio-IT/CRO/ Clean Energy
• Implementation of overall activities and timely completion of mandated activities for MII cell.
• Co-ordinate with DBT and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) for updating and reporting on the status of Make in India milestones, preparing action-taken reports in consultation with the management and stakeholders
• Support Project Development Cell for augmenting FDI and manufacturing through large and medium scale industries in biotech sector. Manage queries from interested companies while closely working with Invest India.
• Provide sectoral inputs and recommendations to influence policymaking based on sectoral Strategy meetings, Vision documents, gap analysis from stakeholders interactions.
• Mapping and release of Bioeconomy report, landscaping reports of India and Global Biotech ecosystem.
• Engage and partner with States to promote and assist in building a strong Biotech Innovation ecosystem under Startup India national mission.
• Promote commercialization of innovative products, and technologies from Biotech Startups, SMEs.
• Outreach events: National and International level participation in Exhibitions and facilitate access to investment opportunities to startups and SMEs in Biotech Sector.
• Global connect: Create and facilitate Global connects for Startups to gain International expertise, regulatory guidance and access to market.
• Domestic travel is required
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 25th November,2022
Vacancy Ref. No. - BIRAC/VAC/51/Nov-2022-MII
See All Other Jobs in our Database