Work as Research Associate at Baxter
Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide. Baxter had 2012 sales of $14.2 billion and has approximately 50,800 employees.
Post : Research Associate
Scientist with expertise in toxicology and product safety evaluation including development of nonclinical plans for drug development, toxicology and impurity study design development and monitoring, and development of toxicology risk assessments. Hazard evaluation of chemicals used in manufacturing. In-depth knowledge in Toxicology or a related field required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Generation of toxicology risk assessment in accordance with ICH and ISO10993-17.
• Hazard evaluation of chemical and pesticide used in manufacturing
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements related to toxicology, product development, design and safety.
• Perform as preclinical/toxicology representative on project teams
• Utilize Lhasa Derek and Sarah Nexus software to assess toxicological endpoints.
• Independently plan and execute a series of design and/or technical tasks that may not be well-defined, have multiple variables, and require advanced techniques within negotiated deadlines.
• Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles. Incorporate new methods and technologies for improving existing or new products/processes
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years’ experience or 3-5 years’ experience with Masters and 0-3 years’ experience with PhD
• The position requires relevant technical knowledge in toxicology and safety evaluation. General understanding of pharmacology highly desired.
• Ability to understand and apply global regulatory guidelines including OECD and FDA GLP, ICH guidance, ISO10993.
• Good oral and written communication in English language.
• Utilize a logical, methodical approach when problem solving, developing solutions and making recommendations.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize assignments to meet project schedules.
• Ability to make routine decisions independently
• Ability to design experiments, monitor toxicology studies, interpret the results and draw meaningful conclusions from the data.
Experience : 0-7 years
Education: B.Pharm, B.Sc, M.Sc,M.Pharma, Ph.D
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Toxicology
End Date: 25th December, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database