Job for Pharmacy graduates as Field Investigator at Public Health Foundation of India
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Post : Field Investigator
Project Brief: We will evaluate the association between environmental factors, with a focus on pesticides and heavy metals, and the risk of gall bladder cancer in Assam and Bihar, two areas that bear a high burden of gall bladder cancers. Preliminary evidence suggests environmental factors in gall bladder carcinogenesis but evidence is scarce globally. In India, cancer patterns and environmental exposures are unique in these north-eastern and eastern states of the Ganga-Brahmaputra-Meghna belt. We plan a case-control study to investigate exposures to pesticides and heavy metals and the risk of gall bladder cancer in the Ganga-Brahmaputra-Meghna belt, for which the evidence is suggestive, the exposures are unique and the region has high incidence for gall bladder diseases. We will evaluate the association of other important modifiable risk factors for gall bladder cancer- reproductive history (e.g., parity) diet as well as infection and obesity- as independent variables, confounders and potential mediators in the association between pesticides and heavy metals for the risk of gall bladder cancer. Project is based at Guwahati (Assam) and Patna (Bihar).
Job Description :
• Regular visits to field sites 6 days/ week, depending on the availability of participants
• Identifying all eligible men and women for the study
• Establish rapport with the participants
• Explain study objectives, answer any questions, allay any concerns from the participants
• Get the consent form signed by the study participants
• Collect the data from the participants using the questionnaire
• Enter data from questionnaires on a daily basis
• Obtain physical measurements (e.g., anthropometrics, blood pressure). Facilitate biological sample collection (blood and toe nail) under strict protocol, aseptic conditions and clinical supervision. Temporary storage and transport of the samples to labs at study sites.
• Motivate the participants regularly
• Re-check completed questionnaires to be sure that all questions were asked and the responses are neatly and legibly recorded
• Ensure accuracy of data and adherence to the protocol.
• Ensure privacy and confidentiality of information from participants
• Maintain logs of eligible women, reasons for non-availability or non-consent
• Maintain organized system of consent forms and questionnaires at the respective field site
• Provide updates to the project manager on a weekly basis regarding logistics of data collection, participation rates and issues with respect to consent taking, appropriateness of data collection instruments, participant concerns/questions and other field-based activities
• Contribute to the general activities of the Network, PHFI and help promote the objectives of the CEH
• Inter- and Intra-departmental with colleagues, external collaborators, study participants, clinicians and lab personnel at study sites
• Co-ordination with administration, HR and finance for various project related tasks will be required
• PHFI will be the hub for data documentation, management and privacy. All biological specimens collected will be transferred and stored at PHFI lab. Monthly monitoring and reporting is required
• Periodic reports on project protocol and progress with data check (weekly) is mandatory
• Any other duties that may be required which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post
Qualification Essential :
• Bachelors in medical lab technology with training in public health
• Graduate degree in Sociology/Nursing/Pharmacy other any other paramedical course.
• Efficient in taking blood samples
• Field public health research skills (including data collection & biological sample collection required)
• Proficiency with computers, data entry software.
• Good written and communication skills, in local language, English and Hindi
• Management skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Willingness to travel within study sites
• 0-2 years of field work (preferably in Guwahati or Patna) in well conducted epidemiological studies.
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Applications, along with detailed CV, may be sent to: email@example.com. Please highlight the exact Position Code (PHFI-FLIV-102) in the subject.
Please send the following information along with your application (In Email Body): ·
• Current remuneration
• Expected remuneration
• Notice Period
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 02 December 2018
• Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
• Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
• Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
• PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
• The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
• No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database