Career for Research Associate at Baxter
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis;sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Post : Research Associate III
Summary: Leading and directing multi-disciplinary, cross-functional chemistry studies and/or technical projects focusing on innovation, process improvements, and operational excellence initiatives.
Provide technical and project management leadership for laboratory operations across multiple departments.
Under guidance of senior management provide study management support for resource and project management.
Apply a solid understanding of theories/practices including those outside the primary area of expertise to drive programs, investigations and/or studies. In collaboration with stakeholders, develop and design strategies/analytical processes, which are non-routine within areas of expertise to address specific technical requirements for pharmaceutical product development and product lifecycle management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Lead performance management activities across multiple departments to track and report laboratory performance and development.
• Support ACOE teams as the local point of contact for study requests and scheduling.
• Coordinate with multiple local departments and internal and external partners to execute laboratory system qualifications.
• Own and lead cross-functional projects/studies for the R&D and Innovation Center of Excellence. This may include designing protocols and experimental strategy and combining data from multiple labs to generate reports. Projects may span multiple disciplines and utilize established methods, techniques or approaches.
• Key lead for local investigation for laboratory issues and unexpected results.
• Site coach for electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) utilization and facilitate ELN enhancement projects.
• Lead laboratory 6S (5S) programs to ensure implementation of lean laboratory practices. Facilitate communication program with internal customers.
• Displaying a solid understanding of theories/practices for pharmaceutical products utilized by other disciplines, e.g. formulation, process development, quality control, regulatory affairs, outside the primary area of expertise.
• Propose new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
• Responsible for analysis, problem solving and analytical interpretation of results across different techniques to ensure business continuity is maintained.
• Provide training and supervision to junior members within the discipline. Routinely provide advice and assistance to team members regarding unique problems.
• Adhere to the Quality System, understand and apply applicable corporate, divisional and departmental procedures as relevant.
• Ability to lead cross-functional projects, develop strategies and timelines then execute within defined timelines and budget.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Must possess working knowledge of multiple scientific disciplines (LC, GC, MS, NMR) governing day-to-day activities.
• Possess relevant laboratory and technical writing skill. Fluent in written and spoken English is essential.
• Computerized system expertise (ELN, Microsoft-VBA, programming) and basic understanding of GMP validation requirements for laboratory computerized systems.
• Trained or experience in six-sigma (DMAIC) problem solving techniques.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts and results through protocols, reports, presentations at meetings.
• Experience working cross-functionally with a proven ability to influence organizations not directly connected to own.
• Utilize a logical and methodological approach to enable problem solving and making recommendations.
• Contribute to efforts beyond own scope of responsibility to ensure project milestones are met.
• Bachelor degree in a scientific discipline (chemistry) with 10 years of experience, MS with 5-7 years relevant experience or PhD with 0-3 years’ experience.
Experience : 0-10 years
Qualification : Bachelor degree
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : R&D
End Date : 25th December, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database