Work as Regional Medical Advisor at Takeda
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Post : Regional Medical Advisor, Hematology
Primary Role Purpose
The role exists to exchange/disseminate peer to peer medical and scientific information with healthcare professionals and external stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for being well-informed on therapeutic areas, up to date on major studies both ongoing and completed, competitive product information and clinical data pertaining to our therapies. He/she will be well placed to provide proactive field-based medical support to the commercial teams. The role will be required to spend 80% of the time in the field, and be located in the region, providing support to external stakeholders such as health care professionals, Key Opinion Leaders etc. The remaining 20% of the role will be dedicated to providing internal support such as working with colleagues and internal teams. Additionally, the role-holder is required to have a full understanding of marketing objectives and the commercial focus of the franchises to support those plans.
Job Duty and Description
• Shares medical information with regional KOLs and other customers. Shares high level educational scientific information and clinical guidelines.
• Collaborates in setting up of HTC as well enhancements of Standard of Care at a regional level.
• Identifies and implements medical initiatives for development of new & existing products.
• Creates and delivers presentation of new information on our products.
• Provides medical/scientific support to Area Sales Managers and sales teams at large.
• Builds and maintains advanced disease, product & therapy knowledge with other relevant key stakeholders.
• Schedules meetings with Health Care professionals interested in engaging in scientific discussions.
• Provides field-based medical information/education to physicians.
• Delivers balanced, fair non-promotional presentations related with advances in disease knowledge, diagnosis and treatment of competitor as well as own products.
• Brings in investigator-initiated studies to Medical Affairs. Follow through with investigators up to publication / presentation.
• Provides support on site identification. Serves as scientific support for product studies.
• Leads Medical efforts towards conducting Congresses, Symposia and Meetings.
• Collaborates, when requested, in the coordination of information pre-events and summaries post-events. Attends congresses & symposia. Reports on the events.
• Represents the Medical Department at Medical Congresses and Conventions, manning medical education booths.
• Monitors and facilitates pre-Congress abstract submissions to the local Medical affairs Department, attends poster sessions and oral presentations.
• Assists in CME program development, organization and delivery and participates in scientific committees.
• Assists in Advisory Board activities, including Specialty Advisory Boards, national and regional Advisory Boards and others.
• Participates and manages Local Scientific Advisory Boards: Ongoing studies/Future studies/Areas of research/Emerging trends/Therapeutic guidelines.
• Provides Information and Interpretation of the literature to the sales force
• May provide clinical education and therapy training support to sales forces in the field.
• Actively gathers and monitors competitive intelligence, in accordance with Company Policy.
• Supports sales/marketing as needed.
Key Performance Indicators
• Ongoing KOL Engagement (annual engagement calendar)
• New Product Launch Medical Support to Marketing & other Commercial functions
• No. of CMEs, RTMs and other Medical Activities
• Timely response to field queries within an agreed timeframe
• Training to Commercial teams
• Grant Process and related metrics
• Papers authored/presented, additional certifications/accreditations gained
Qualification : M.Sc, M.Pharm, B.Pharm
Location : Chennai
Industry Type : Pharma
Job ID : SR0034991
End Date : 5th June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database