Work as Media Monitoring Specialist at Novartis
Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Media Monitoring Specialist - NKC
Independently and collaboratively work with the NKC Media Monitoring team by performing targeted searches on key data sources as well as alert creation and curation of the most relevant content to deliver high quality newsletter products. This role is an individual contributor to the specific services and overall mission of the NKC. Individual contributor who will actively work with other Hyderabad team members to promote and market Novartis Knowledge Center services and resources to various customer teams based in India
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry: effective researching of scientific and non-scientific information including information on targets, drugs, competitors, experts, technologies, pipeline and business news
• Product database knowledge:
OVID, Embase.com, Newsedge, Factiva, PatBase, clinicaltrials.gov, Cortellis, Pharmaprojects etc.
o Ability to effectively construct search strategies
o Understanding of medical terminology, knowledge of taxonomies, thesauri
o Proficient in alert strategy creation
• Ability to perform comprehensive review of published literature and news sources to support the curation and delivery of the most relevant information to the Novartis business on a daily/weekly basis
• Writing up summaries of defined scientific, medical or news content
• Action oriented. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to effectively correspond – written and oral, with scientific/medical associates
• Work with global NKC marketing efforts with specific campaigns for India customer teams to increase awareness and usage of NKC services and resources
• Lead productivity initiatives within service and continuously drive and monitor improvements in day to day work; use of technology in simplifying systems/processes Functional excellence Works in partnership with the Media Monitoring team in the NKC service to ensure deadlines are met and quality standards are upheld. This includes:
• Demonstrates understanding of literature searching and document delivery skills, resources and tools with advanced experience with Embase, Ovid, PatBase and Clinicaltrials.gov
• Demonstrates keen understanding of news databases with experience utilizing news resources like NewsEdge, FirstWord, Factiva, etc.
• Time management with ability to juggle several projects and searches while meeting project deadlines
• Stakeholder management, customer service excellence
• Strong verbal and written communication skills People and organizational leadership
• Be a role model for Novartis values and behaviors
• Foster an intercultural environment and team cohesion
• Satisfaction of Media Monitoring customers with
o Timeliness – project initiation, alert creation
o Researching skills
o Team interactions o Preciseness and accuracy of alerts and curation services
• Effective communication skills both written and oral
• Best practice sharing
• Execute agreed targets for self and team
• Ensure all media monitoring service deadlines are met
• Ensures team deliverables adhere to NKC agreed quality standards
• All activities follow best practice and agreed processes. Highlights opportunities to improve processes and pilots new approaches.
• Legal and ethical considerations applied in all work activities.
• Use of technology in simplifying systems/processes
• Values and Behaviours: in line with leadership standards of Novartis
• Commitment to positive team environment
MBA with Graduate / Post Graduate in Medicine (MD/MBBS/BDS) Pharmacy / Life Sciences Fluent spoken and written English and Hindi essential At least 8-10 years of relevant pharma industry or research experience, working in information sciences, knowledge management or corporate library operations. Proven scientific literature searching skills with experience utilizing pharmaceutical databases and resources. Experience at a MNC or intercultural / global team environment. Experience with Windows-based computer systems, databases and electronic resources. Strong communication and presentation skills.
Experience : 8-10 years
Qualification : M.Pharm, M.Sc, MBA, B.Pharm
Location : Hyderabad
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Marketing
End Date : 20th June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database