The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The center is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts purely on temporary basis on its “Manav - Human Atlas Initiative" project.
Post : Domain Analyst - (03 post)
Serial No : 07
Principal Investigator: Dr. Gopal C. Kundu
Project Tenure - 2 year 10 months
Upper Age limit : 35 Years
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 50,000-(Fixed)
Essential Qualification & Experience: MVSc/ M.Pharm/ ME/ M.Tech with 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after securing one of the Post graduate degrees mentioned in essential qualifications with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal OR Ph.D in Life Sciences or Biological Sciences/MD/MS/MDS with 0-1 year research experience in relevant field.
He/She would have desirable experience working in the area of Bioinformatics / Programmer / Biochemistry / Structural Biology / Biophysics / Genetics / Epigenetics / Neurobiology. Should have good experience in Perl, Python, R and Linux
They along with domain experts will work in a team under the supervision of senior domain experts. They will be writing domain intensive scripts/programs for integrative analysis and predictive modelling of annotated data from literature. They will also be involved in testing Manav platform and communicate the defects and enhancements to the domain experts and software development team. They are required to interact with and learn from the Domain expert how the selection of papers will be done and what kind of readout the annotation tools will be making. They will work to contribute papers to the selection process and also test the quality of annotation to ensure the grading systems put in place are working correctly. Ultimately, they will also contribute towards scanning through available biomedical literature, identify suitable papers, categorize them, assign to suitable participating student and faculty teams, review the submitted annotations and assist in final sign off to maintain the quality of the data annotated and integrated in this project. They will also take questions from end users and in consultation with the domain expert address the same.
For More Info Go Next Page...
Important Guidelines & Instructions
1. Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of all relevant certificates showing date of birth, educational qualifications, work experience, details of the exam passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), caste certificate, if any and other relevant documents should reach "The Director, National Centre For Cell Science (NCCS), S. P. Pune University Campus, Post: Ganeshkhind, Pune - 411 007, Maharashtra, India on or before 28.05.2019.
2. List of shortlisted candidates called for interview, date and time of interview & other relevant information will be published only on our institute website on or before 05.06.2019.
3. The interviews are scheduled in the last week of June, 2019
4. Applications received after the due date/due to postal delay and/or without the copies of the required certificates/documents will not be considered. Applications which are incomplete and/or not in the prescribed format will be strictly rejected.
5. The Director, NCCS reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process, if required, due to unforeseen circumstances.
6. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
7. The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
8. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
9. 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates i.e. minimum of 50 % marks.
10. The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
11. Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority. Fellowship/Emoluments for the advertised project positions engaged under project will be made in accordance with the project sanctioned orders issued by funding agency.
12. Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
13. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview.
14. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post. The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
15. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of appointment
• Please bring all the original certificates showing date of birth, qualification, statement of marks of the exam passed, degree certificates, certificate of past experience, certificate in support of present employment, salary certificate & other relevant documents along with a set of attested copies at the time of interview.
• Lower positions will be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions, meeting the essential qualification.
Last Date : 28-05-2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database