Require Head in Biocon BMS Research Centre in Bangalore
Bristol-Myers Squibb Biocon R&D Center (BBRC) is a collaboration between Bristol-Myers Squibb and Syngene International, a subsidiary of the Indian biotechnology major, Biocon. This initiative is intended to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb's work in discovery and early drug development. The center is expanding its capabilities to clinical biomarkers, toxicology and first-in-human studies. The aim is to develop internationally benchmarked research infrastructure and enlist outstanding scientific talent to help patients prevail against serious diseases.
Post : Head, Pharmaceutical Candidate Optimization
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading scientific efforts that support drug discovery and development at the Biocon BMS Research Centre in Bangalore, India. Emphasis will be on pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamics (PK-PD) and drug metabolism assessment, bio analytical methods development and toxicology evaluation of small molecules and biologics in lead optimization and characterization. Outstanding problem solving skills, with an ability to integrate across disciplines and focus on critical path issues to advance candidates are essential in this role. The incumbent will represent the department at various working group and management meetings, propose and implement strategies and tactics to address PK-PD-ADME-Tox related issues, and ultimately enable program decision-making in the selection and advancement of high-quality drug candidates. The individual will be expected to manage and lead a large group of PhD and MS level ADME, PK-PD, bio analytical, and toxicology scientists and interface scientists and discovery programs between Bangalore and BMS-US sites.
• Education required is a doctorate or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical sciences, such as pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, toxicology or biochemistry,
• 10+ years of relevant experience in drug discovery and/or drug development,
• A strong background in pharmacokinetics and/or drug metabolism including experience and training in pharmacokinetics, biochemical drug disposition concepts and assays,
• Some knowledge and experience with computer simulations and data analyses, basic enzymology pathways of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions, and the impact of transporters on defining ADME characteristics,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, are mandatory to perform in this highly matrix role, as well as several years of experience managing, mentoring, and leading people,
• A commitment to talent development across all levels of the department is essential.
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : B.Pharm, Pharm.D
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : 10th April, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database