Railway Recruitment Board, initially was known as 'Railway Service Commission' but in January 1985 it was renamed as Railway Recruitment Board. These were the small’s beginnings which is due course developed into a network of railway lines all over the country. By 1880 the Indian Railway system had a route mileage of about 9000 miles. INDIAN RAILWAYS, the premier transport organization of the country is the largest rail network in Asia and the world’s second largest under one management.
Post : Pharmacist Grade III
No of Posts : 277
Ahmedabad : 29 (UR-18, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-6, EWS-2)
Ajmer : 24 (UR-16, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-4, EWS-1)
Allahabad : 29
(DLW UR-2 SC-1,ST-1)
(NCR UR-10, SC-1, OBC-4, EWS-1)
(NR UR-3, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-2,EWS-1)
Bangalore : 13 (SWR UR-7, SC-2, OBC-3, EWS-1)
Bhopal : 10 (WR UR-08, OBC-01, EWS-1)
Bhubaneswar : 4 (ECR UR-2, OBC-2)
Bilaspur : 07 (CR UR-1, ST-2 ; SECR UR-3, OBC-1)
Chandigarh : 08 (NR-3, SC-2, ST-1, EWS-2)
Chennai : 23 (SR UR-9, SC-4, ST-2, OBC-6, EWS-2)
Gorakhpur : 09 (MCF UR-2; NER UR-3, SC-1, OBC-2, EWS-1)
Guwahati : 26 (NFR UR-10, SC-4, ST-1, OBC-8, EWS-3)
Jammu & Srinagar : 15 (NR UR-6, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3, EWS-1 ; RCF UR-2, SC-1)
Kolkata : 24 (CLW UR-3, ST-1, OBC-1 ; ER UR-5, SC-1, ST-2, OBC-3, EWS-1; SER UR-5, SC-1, OBC-1)
Malda : 3 (ER UR-1, SC-1 ; SER UR-1)
Mumbai : 20 (CR UR-3, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3 ; WR UR-6, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3, EWS-1)
Muzaffarpur : 5 (ECR UR-4, ST-1)
Patna : 3 (ECR UR-1, SC-1, ST-1)
Ranchi : 5 (ECR UR-2; SER UR-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
Secunderabad : 15 (ECoR UR-5, SC-1, OBC-2, EWS-1 ; SCR UR 2 ST-2, OBC-2)
Siliguri : 5 (NFR UR-3, OBC-2)
Level : 5
Pay : Rs 29200
Lower Age : 20 years
Upper Age : 35 years
Medical Standard : C2
Minimum Educational Qualifications : 10+2 in Science or its equivalent, with Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institution and registered as Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (OR) Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) from a recognized University or equivalent and Registered as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act,1948.
(i) A candidate must be either:
a. a citizen of India, or
b. a subject of Nepal, or
c. a subject of Bhutan, or
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
f. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e)above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
(ii) A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Candidates applying for the posts in this CEN have to pay the prescribed fee as per their category detailed below:
For all candidates except the fee Concession categories mentioned below.
Out of this fee of Rs 500/- an amount of Rs 400/- shall be refunded to their bank account
duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT. : Rs 500/-
For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PwBDs / Female / Transgender /
Minorities / Economically backward class
This fee of Rs 250/- shall be refunded to their bank account duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing in CBT : Rs 250/-
For More Info Go Next Page...
Modes of Payment of Fee:
A) ONLINE fee payment : Through internet banking or debit/credit cards or UPI
(b) OFFLINE fee payment
1. SBI Bank Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI
2. Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of computerized post office
1. The Offline payment will be allowed till 13:00 hrs of 04.04.2019 and Online payment will be allowed till 22:00 hrs of 05.04.2019, for candidates who register for themselves till 23:59 hrs of 02.04.2019. After making payment, these candidates should submit their applications on or before 23.59 hrs of 07.04.2019. All applicable service charges shall be borne by the candidate. If the fee is paid through off line mode viz (b) 1 & 2 above, the receipt should be preserved. The same should be produced on demand at the time of Document Verification(DV)
2. Minorities include Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) subject to revision/deletion/inclusion if any, received till the closing date for online registration (02.04.2019) of application for this CEN. Minority candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish, at the time of Document Verification (DV), ‘Minority Community Declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that they belong to any of the above minority communities, failing which their candidature will be rejected
3. Economically Backward Class (EBC) candidates are those whose annual family income is less than Rs. 50,000/-. Such candidates should have valid income certificate in the prescribed format or on the letter head of the issuing authority to this effect and submit the same at the time of DV as per Annexure IIIA. Candidates having BPL Card and Izzat MST are also eligible for fee concession under EBC. Such candidates, seeking fee concession should fill in the relevant details of BPL Card and Izzat MST such as Certificate number, Card number, issue date, Issuing Authority, Place and State of issue in the ONLINE application.
4. In case of online payment (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking and UPI), the candidates should confirm if they wish to receive the refundable portion of examination fee (Rs.400/- or Rs.250/- as applicable) on attending the CBT in the account from which they have made payment or alternatively provide the beneficiary bank account in which they wish to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary Name, Bank Account Number and IFSC Code of the Bank. The refundable portion of examination fee shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable. The candidates who have made payment through SBI Challan or Post office Challan Mode should provide details of beneficiary bank account in which they wish to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary name, Bank Account Number and IFSC Code of the Bank. The responsibility to furnish correct bank account details lies on the candidates and RRB does not entertain any correspondence from the candidate on this account.
5. The examination fee paid by the candidates whose application is incomplete or those who have not submitted their application or whose application is rejected, will not be refunded.
1. Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration (02.04.2019). CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
2. Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the detailed CEN available on the official websites of RRBs.
3. Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 20.0 of the CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
4. Candidates should have their own Mobile Number and valid & active e-mail ID as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and e-mail. The Mobile Number and e-mail ID should be active till the completion of recruitment process. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
5. Vacancies for the various posts notified are given at Annexure-B
6. Level of the post and Pay: It is indicated against each post at Annexure-A.
7. Age Limit as on 01.07.2019: The lower and upper age limits prescribed for each post are indicated at Para 5.1 with relevant upper age relaxation.
8. Medical Standard: Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment
9. Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRBs concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith. Candidates can modify the application particulars except RRB chosen, E-mail ID and Mobile Number, even after submission of application, but within the last date of submission of application, by paying modification fee. However, after the last date for submission of application, RRBs shall not entertain any representation for modification of the information furnished in the application.
10. Stages of Exam: There shall be a single stage Computer Based Test (CBT). However, RRBs reserve the right to conduct additional CBTs.
11. Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer. 12. Banned items:- Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallets/purses, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc., are strictly NOT allowed inside the examination hall. Any infringement of this instruction will entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. 13. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the above banned items to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
14. Center/City allocation will depend upon technical and logistical feasibility. Candidates may have to travel to other Cities/States.
15. Candidates are required to go through the Post Parameter Table, Vacancy Table and ascertain their eligibility to apply through ONLINE mode to any one RRB only, depending upon their eligibility for a post. The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final. Application to more than one RRB, will lead to rejection of all the applications.
1. Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
2. Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
3. RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations and are shortlisted for document verification. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process, in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
4. Before applying for the post(s) against this CEN, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite educational/technical/professional qualifications from recognized Board/University/Institute as on the closing date for ONLINE Registration (02.04.2019). Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
5. Candidates attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to more than one RRB and /or multiple applications to the same RRB will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB.
6. Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not yet completed should NOT apply for this CEN. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
7. Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/SSLC/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate ONLY. In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their Changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change should be prior to the date of registration of ONLINE application. Gazette Notification or any other legal document as applicable for such cases should be submitted at the time of Document Verification (DV).
8. Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, in all stages of recruitment process and must be in running hand and not in block/capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style at the time of CBT and Document Verification etc. (as applicable) may result in cancellation of candidature.
9. Dates of examinations and e-call letters: Dates of examinations will also be published on the official websites of participating RRBs and e-Call letters for CBT and Document Verification (as applicable) will be available for downloading ONLY on websites of the RRBs concerned. No communication from the RRBs will be done with the candidate through post. The examination centre, date and shift indicated in the call letter shall be final. RRBs reserve the right to introduce additional CBTs and/or additional Document Verification etc., without assigning any reason.
10. Vacancies indicated in the CEN are provisional and may increase or decrease or even may become NIL in total or in specific Railways/Units/Communities/Posts at a later stage depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. Further additional posts, if required by the Railway(s)/ Unit(s) may also be included at later stage.
11. Preference for post(s) and/or Railway(s)/Unit(s): The options from the candidates for various posts for which they are eligible in the opted RRB, shall be taken during submission of ONLINE applications.
• On completion of all stages of recruitment process, RRBs shall allot post & Railway/Unit as per the option of the eligible candidates ONLY subject to merit, medical standard and vacancy position. Once candidates have been empanelled as per their merit/choice, they will forfeit the right to be considered for any other post/ category.
• Candidates with partial option will be considered only for the specific categories opted by them. Nonoption for certain posts would be considered as their unwillingness for the same.
• However, RRBs also reserve the right to allot Post/Railway/Unit not opted by the candidates, if considered necessary in administrative interest, subject to the candidate(s) meeting the requirements of the post concerned.
• In case of shortfall in empanelment of candidates or other exigencies, RRBs reserve the right to utilize the extra list of candidates (standby list), if required, as per the merit and option of the candidates.
• RRBs do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
Important Dates & Time
Opening of online registration of application : 04.03.2019 at 10:00 hrs
Closing of online registration of application : 02.04.2019 at 23:59 hrs
Closing of offline payment : 04.04.2019 at 13:00 hrs
Closing of online payment : 05.04.2019 at 22:00 hrs
Closing of online submission of application Complete in all respects : 07.04.2019 at 23:59 hrs
Computer Based Test (CBT) : Tentatively scheduled during 1st week of June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database