The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) is an autonomous Grant-in-aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy. The TMC is comprised of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) and the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH). The TMC conducts Ph.D. program in Life Sciences and is affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University). On-going research at TMC includes basic and translational research in Cancer Biology. Specific research topics include study of cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, metastasis, tumor immunology, molecular imaging, carcinogenesis, stem cell biology, biophysics, structural biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, genomics, genetics, epigenetics and Pharmacology.
Applications are invited, in the prescribed format, for the award of JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS [JRF 2017] for Ph.D. in Life Sciences at Tata Memorial Centre
Qualifications: M.Sc. (Applied Biology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / Biophysics / Biotechnology / Botany / Life Sciences / Microbiology/ Molecular Bioiogy / Zoology or related Biological Sciences) / M.Tech. (Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology); M.V.Sc.; M.Pharm. from a recognized University, with > 60% aggregate marks. Those awaiting results may also apply. As per HBNI guidelines, candidates with <60% aggregate marks cannot be admitted in the program or be considered for an interview. Candidates having done post¬graduation course of only 1 year duration are not eligible.
Stipend: Rs. 25000/-+ 30% HRA (if hostel facility is not allotted) per month as applicable. Limited hostel facility is available on the ACTREC campus on first come, first served basis.
An objective type’ Written Exam will be held at Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Technology, opposite Kharghar Station, Sector 7, Belpada, CBD, Navi Mumbai - 400 614, on Sunday 28th May 2017 at 9.30 a.m.
The list of candidates who have qualified for interview on the basis of this exam will be displayed at the: (i) ACTREC website, (ii) Examination Centre, and (iii) ACTREC Security Gate on 29th May, 2017 after 7p.m. Their interviews will be held at ACTREC on 30th & 31st May, 1st & 2"a June 2017
Students who have qualified in National Level Written Tests
• Candidates who have valid Junior Research Fellowships from CSIRI UGC/ ICMR/ DBT or other recognized agencies, obtained after appearing for a written entrance test, will be called for direct interview at ACTREC - only if they have applied online.
• Candidates who have applied online but have received external fellowship intimation after 28th April 2017 must send proof of the award by e-mail [email@example.com] to seek direct interview dates.
• A performance-based shortlist of candidates who have cleared the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) will be displayed on the ACTREC website. Shortlisted candidates, if interested in ACTREC Ph.D. program, must also apply online.
• The list of the candidates called for direct interview on 5th, 6th and 7th June 2017 will be displayed on the ACTREC website on 12th May 2017.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
The list of Research Projects being offered to Ph.D. students at TMC will be displayed on the ACTREC website on 12th May 2017. Candidates are encouraged to interact with and seek information from the Principal Investigators whose names and e-mails IDs will be given against their respective projects.
Declaration of the Results
The list of successful candidates will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the instructions for filling in the application before you begin the application process. All the candidates must APPLY ONLINE [wactrec.gov.in], and then submit Demand Draft (DD) by courier or speed post for Rs 500/- drawn in favor of TMC-ACTREC payable in Navi Mumbai or transfer the money by online transfer (no fees for female candidates and SC/ ST/ physically handicapped (PH) candidates). SC/ST/PH candidates need to provide proof when applying online. Candidates must write their name and application number behind the DD. The deadline for online application is 28th April 2017. Incomplete forms and those without attachments will be rejected. Final Admission into the Ph.D. program is subject to the candidate satisfying HBNI eligibility criteria as mentioned above. TMC reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria in case of receipt of large number of applications. A list of eligible candidates called for the written entrance exam will be displayed on the ACTREC website on 12th May 2017.
1. All fields in the online application must be filled. The application deadline is 28th April 2017
2. A hard copy for the application is NOT required. However, if paying by demand draft, the draft too must reach ACTREC by 28th April 2017 (by courier/ speed post).
3.The candidate is responsible for the accuracy of all the information provided in the application. Any errors will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
4. Before starting the application process please ensure that you have the following ready for upload. The size of all files and photos should be less than 200kb.
a. A recent (less than 6 month old) colour passport size photograph (JPEG files only).
b. Proof of SC/ST/PH status (if applicable).
c. Proof of valid external fellowship/JGEEBILS mark sheet (if applicable).
d. A scan of your signature (JPEG files only).
e. Bank draft or Net banking details as listed under items 7 and 8.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
5. Students with a valid junior research fellowship (from the listed agencies) or a JGEEBILS score greater than or equal to 25 will be eligible for a direct interview as indicated in the advertisement. All other students will have to appear for the written entrance exam.
6. Candidates with their own external fellowship will have to provide proof: either the award letter sent by the funding agency, or the hall ticket of the fellowship exam (if they have not yet received the award letter).Students with a fellowship should ensure that the fellowship has not lapsed before 1st September 2017. If your fellowship has lapsed, you will not be considered for a direct interview and would appear for the written entrance exam.
7.Demand drafts should be payable to the TMC, ACTREC and should be sent by courier or speed post to the: Senior Administrative Officer, Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai – 410 210 so as to reach him by 28th April 2017. Please enter the draft number in the appropriate section in the online application. Write your name and application number on the back of the draft.
8. If you want to do an online transfer the bank details are as follows:
Bank: Central bank of India Branch: Kharghar, Account Number: 1797305746
IFSC code: CBIN0284047 MICR code 400016114.
Please enter the UTR number in the appropriate section in the online form.
9. After submission you will receive a hall ticket for the ACTREC exam as a pdf file by email. Please print this and bring it with you along with a government issued photo ID (e.g. Aadhar card, Pan card, Drivers license, Voter ID, Passport) on the day of written entrance exam as well as interview.
10. Those found eligible for direct interview will receive a hall ticket for the direct interview as a pdf file by email. Please print this and bring it with you along with a government issued photo ID (e.g. Aadhar card, Pan card, Drivers license, Voter ID, Passport) on the day of the direct interview.
11. At the time of interview, you will have to present your original MSc/ MTech/ MVSc/ MPharm certificates, mark sheets, fellowship proof, and other relevant documents for verification.
Address queries, if any, to : firstname.lastname@example.org
See All Other Jobs in our Database