Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Various posts under the project titled Health Technology Assessment-Resource Centre funded by the Department of Health Research (DHR), Govt, of India in the Dept, of Preventive and Social Medicine, JIPMER to be filled purely on a temporary basis for a period of ONE YEAR (With a possibility of extension up to 2 years based on performance). Panel of recommended candidates shall be shortlisted based on CVs followed by an interview through video conferencing. The selected candidates may be engaged in the present and future vacancies of the project as per the requirement from time to time.
Post : Scientist-C (Medical/Non- Medical) (1 Post)
For Medical :
• MBBS degree with 6 years’ experience or Post Graduate Diploma in medical subjects after MBBS with 5 years’ experience in the relevant subject.
• Post Graduate Degree (MD/ MS/ DNB/ MPH) after MBBS with 4-year research experience in the relevant field.
• Doctorate (Ph.D.) in the relevant subject (Community Medicine / Preventive & Social Medicine/ Pediatrics / Medicine / Tropical Medicine/ Community Health Administration/Health Administration / Family Medicine / Epidemiology/ Public Health) from a recognized university.
• Additional Post-doctoral research/teaching experience in relevant subjects in recognized institute(s).
• Knowledge of Computer Applications/Data Management.
For Non-Medical :
• M.Sc. Life science/ MPH / MHA / M.Pharma (Masters of Pharmacy) / Pharm.D (Doctor of Pharmacy) with 4 year of experience in relevant area.
• Ph.D. Degree Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology subject from a recognized University with 2 years R&D / Teaching experience in the relevant subject.
• Knowledge of Computer Applications or Business Intelligence tools / Data Management.
Age limit in years : 40
Nature of Duties
• To support & execute the on-going & new programs of DHR and to provide leadership and managerial strength in the R&D projects in the area of HTA research.
• Responsible for the scientific, and/or technical aspects of the implementation of HTA projects of DHR.
• Senior Scientific Staff will be coordinating the Activities of HTAIn and Junior staff will be providing supportive role for all the HTAIn work
• Invitation of applications/proposals from the States/Medical Colleges/Institutions for HTA studies
• Getting the requisite MoU signed with the States/Medical Colleges/Resource Centre
• Submission of the proposals for recommendations of the Technical Appraisal Committee
• Seeking any clarifications from the States/applicants on various issues/points.
• Submission of proposal along with the recommendations of the expert committees.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues at DHR, 1CMR, Government Ministries (i.e. NRHM, MHFW\ NHSRC, DGHS, and international partner organisations
• Supporting the HTA advisory group, secretariat, International partners, and team members in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with relevant national partners and stakeholders.
• Regularly liaising with international partners to ensure satisfactory progress and quality of the HTAIn secretariat outputs
• Contribute to drafting official reports from the secretariat, including summaries of workshops and events.
• Conducting of Works hops/semi nars/TAC meetings/Board Meetings/Stakeholders meeting etc
• Any other work assigned by the Department of Health Research
• Validity of the short list will be valid for six months from the date of publication and renewable accordingly.
• Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
• Qualification, experience, other terms and conditions may be relaxed/ altered at the discretion of the Project Investigator.
• Upper age limit may be relaxed as per Govt, of India rules.
• The posts are purely on contract basis for an external sponsored project, and no claim for any other regular post in JIPMER/DHR/ICMR shall be entertained.
• Valid email id and mobile number is compulsory.
• Consolidated salary of the post may vary from time to time. No other allowance/ facilities other than consolidated salary shall be extended.
• Decision of the selection committee will be final.
• No TA/ DA will be paid for the interview.
• Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
• Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
• If performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the investigator, appointment can be terminated at any time without any notice.
• The appointee may be relieved from the current job position, with one month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month salary.
Interested candidates are requested to send their 2-page CV to the email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15/06/2023. The date of the interview is tentatively scheduled for the fourth week of June 2023 and the exact date will be notified to the shortlisted applicants through email.
Short listing of candidates for the interview and their selection to the post will be based on the recommendations of the selection committee. The monthly remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
See All Other Jobs in our Database