Applications are invited for the post of Senior Program Manager at RGCB | EMOLUMENTS upto Rs 70,000 pm
The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) is a growing phenomenon. Located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala, RGCB began in 1990 amongst humble surroundings as a small charitable society called the Centre for Development of Education, Science and Technology (C-DEST). In 1991, recognizing its potential, the C-DEST was made a "Grant-in-Aid" institute of the Government of Kerala and renamed as Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Development of Education, Science and Technology (RGC-DEST), becoming the first institute in the country to be named after Sri Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minster of India. On April 18, 1994 the Government of Kerala took a landmark decision to restructure the institute into a comprehensive biotechnology center and thus was created the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for a full time position of Senior Program Manager, RGCB Clinical Laboratory Services(an Institute Plan Project) of Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram. The project is implemented at various hospitals in Kerala. The position is temporary, initially for a period of one year as part of a project and will be co-terminus with the project.
1) Provides technical direction for laboratories by analyzing and interpreting laboratory functions and developing goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for operating and maintaining laboratories.
2) Monitors laboratory activities by testing, analyzing, and approving sample collection, reviewing laboratory procedures, and taking corrective actions when deficiencies are identified. Prepares budget for laboratory, determines requirements for new equipment and supplies, prepares bid specifications, and maintains inventory.
3) Maintains laboratory files relative to productivity, inventory, quality control review, test types, and special programs, and prepares required reports. Develops and conducts laboratory training programs for laboratory staff of local health units and clinics in area of expertise.
4) Performs other duties as assigned.
- An MD or PhD Degree
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a tertiary care hospital / Medical College Hospital.
- Adequate demonstrable expertise in operating laboratory equipment and biological sample collection along with practical knowledge and experience in clinical biochemistry, laboratory methods, hematology, quality improvement, safety and procedural accuracy; regulatory practice standards.
- Exposure to Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) is important.
- Basic maintenance expertise of standard laboratory equipment and experience in selection and use of reagents is needed.
- Knowledge of Quality management (NABL/NABH) is expected.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 1 year prior experience in molecular biology and cell culture/ tissue culture techniques along with bioinformatics skills including DNA and protein sequence analysis is preferred.
Find More Info go to Next Page...