Recruitment for Assistant Professor at Mumbai University
The profile of this University carved out in 161 years of its functioning attests to its manifold achievements as the intellectual and moral powerhouse of the society. The University has always given its best to the country in general and to the city of Mumbai in particular by enthusiastically shouldering an ever-growing load of social values and opportunities. Initially, the University concentrated its efforts on controlling teaching at the undergraduate level and in conducting examinations. Later on it took up research and the task of imparting instructions at the Post-Graduate level. This resulted in the establishment of the University Departments beginning with the School of Sociology and Civics & Politics. The independence of the country led to the re-organization of the functions and powers of the University with the passing of the Bombay University Act of 1953.
Post : Assistant Professor
Applications are invited for the Teaching posts purely on temporary basis for the period of 11 months in the various University Departments / Centers / Institutes & also at Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Model Degree College, Amadave, Dist Ratnagiri and Smt. Vijayalaxmi Vishwanath Dalvie Model Degree College, Talere Dist. Sidhudurg.
Qualifications and Experience
i) Good academic record having M.Sc. with Higher Second Class in Science subjects viz. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology / material Chemistry / Chemistry / Physics / life Science / Biotechnology or Master in Pharmacy / Engineering/technology from the recognized University.
ii) Must have Ph.D Degree with publications in the reputed international General in the topic of Q-dots, band-gap engineering of Q-dots, Nano materials in Energy applications / drug delivery / biomedical applications / bio nanotechnology/nanofabrication by Ph.D., MBE, FIB, MOCVD, PEVCD, Electron Microscopy / Spectroscopy.
iii) Candidates having first hands-experience in above mentioned techniques & lessoning with industry would be preferred. Besides, candidates having post doctoral experience would be preferred.
(Excluding time period for acquisition of PG/Ph.D qualification )
Desirable one year teaching Experience as a teacher
Experience for candidates from practice:-
Desirable one year teaching Experience as visiting teacher or practical experience in related the industry.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. Candidates are requested to refer the University web-site muonline.org.in time to time, as all information like Document scrutiny / Interview dates / results / notices / various schedules, etc. will be displayed on University website. No personal communication will be sent to candidates.
2. All these posts are purely on temporary basis for the period of 11 months on the consolidated fixed salary prescribed by the University.
3. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the prescribed qualifications and has to ensure that they possess the prescribed qualifications and are eligible in all respect as per the eligibility Conditions. No inquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
4. Candidates are requested to mention in the application, valid e-mail & working Mobile Number
5. The Application Fee once paid will not be refunded by the University, in any case.
6. Candidate should download the all 8 pages of Application form in prescribed format from the link available on University Website and make FIVE copies, completed in all respect. They shall also enclose photocopies of all the relevant certificates in support of their candidature. The Application forms which are not in prescribed format will not be accepted.
7. Candidates are required to produce all Original documents of their credentials in support of their candidature at the time of interview as per the list of at document list given in the check list.
8. The candidate is required to produce “No Objection Certificate” from their present employer at the time of interview, if they are working in University dept./ Institutions or affiliated college.
9. The posts reserved for backward class will be filled in by the candidate/s Domiciled in the State of Maharashtra belonging to the particular category only.
10. Candidate belonging to reserved categories domiciled outside the Maharashtra State will be treated as Open as per G.R.NO.CBC-1084/54577(1813) BCW-5, dated 1st November, 1985 and Circular No. CBC-1688(2829) MAVAK-5, dated 29th July 1988.
11. The reservation for Women and Physically challenged person/s is applicable as per rules.
12. Candidates from all categories can apply for open posts.
13. Candidates having knowledge of Marathi will be preferred.
14. Candidates who apply for more than one post should submit separate application/s along-with the separate requisite fee.
15. Number of posts advertised may increase/decrease depending upon the vacancies available at the time of interview. Accordingly the reservation of posts also may change. 16. Candidates should invariably fill the information regarding Court cases pending, Criminal cases, Disciplinary actions or equivalent etc. in the relevant column of the application Form. Any changes in this information as and when occurred after the submission of application Form till the completion of recruitment process should be brought to the notice of the University by the candidate, failing of which the University reserves the right to cancel the candidature and to debar him/her from all selections.
17. Candidates called for interview will have to present themselves at their own expenses.
18. Candidate should remit the Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- ( Rs. One Thousand only ) for General category candidates and Rs. 500/- ( Rs. Five Hundred Only ) for candidates
belonging to Reserved category, through Demand Draft / Pay Order. Cash / Cheque or
Money Order will not be accepted.
19. Candidates are required to produce the Caste Certificate, Caste validity certificate, Non Creamy layer certificate ( whichever applicable ) at the time of interview.
20. No notice period shall be taken of any request for withdrawal of their application / Candidature.
21. University reserves its right to fill-in any of the vacancies advertised. University also reserves its right to appoint or not to appoint the candidates though recommended by the Selection Committee.
22. Incomplete applications, applications without required enclosures, applications without requisite fee and applications not submitted in the manner and procedure prescribed by the university shall be summarily rejected.
23. In the event of any information being found false, incomplete or incorrect the candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated.
24. Canvassing, direct or indirect will be disqualification.
Candidates are required to attend the Walk - in - interview on July 15 & 16, 2019 as per schedule / Time Table declared on University website at their own expresses. Reservation for various categories is as per the norms & rules.
The candidates who have applied in response to the University‟s earlier Advt. vide No. TAAS(UT)/ICD/2018-19/01 dated 24th June, 2019 need not have to pay the fees again. However they need to attend the Walk-in-interview with Payment receipt and FIVE copies of their application form along-with all relevant documents, as specified.
Prescribed application form and details regarding qualifications, experience and other terms and conditions are available at the following website. Candidates are requested to download the same and fill up the prescribed form in five (5) copies and attach photocopies of all relevant documents. All candidates are also requested to be present with all original of education qualification, experience and other relevant documents.
See All Other Jobs in our Database