The Institute offers opportunities for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of science, engineering and technology to motivated and talented students with a keen sense of scientific inquiry. Research students constitute the largest group on the campus (more than 70% of the student body). The Institute awards about 250 Ph D and M Tech (Research) degrees, every year.
The Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, invites applications for the following posts, purely on a contract basis. The appointment is initially for one year but extendable yearly upon satisfactory performance.
Project Scientist – III
Number of positions : 01 (One)
Emoluments : Rs.78,000 + HRA. (Increment of 5% for every 2 years of experience subject to performance review).
Essential Qualification : (i) Doctoral Degree in Science or Master's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent;
(ii) Seven years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services.
Age : Below 45 (Forty-five) years as of the last date for receipt of applications.
Desirable : Candidates with experience in creating sustainable solution pathways and develop and disseminate policy briefs, conduct events and activities targeted towards strengthening science-society- policy interface and develop policy pathways to bring about economic and social changes through effective policy recommendations.
Job Responsibilities – 50% Research, analysis and policy brief; 25% Organizing events and Science- Policy outreach activities; 25% Global secretariat task. Role of the selected candidate will be as “Science Policy Analyst: Food Security and Malnutrition”.
Detailed Job Description
Create sustainable solution pathways and develop and disseminate policy briefs, conduct activities targeted towards strengthening science-society-policy interface and develop policy pathways to bring about economic and social changes through effective policy recommendations to tackle malnutrition, food security under changing climate and create solutions for seed sovereignty for food security and livelihood improvement for farmers.
a. Lead the Food Security and Malnutrition sub-theme under the South Asia’s Food Security and Malnutrition (Fo), Health Sensitization (H), Coastal Risk and Resilience (Co) and Sustainable Communities (S) FoHCoS program.
b. Develop sustainable pathways and science-policy briefs as recommendations to help tackle hunger and malnutrition in South Asia.
c. Analyse the policies and tradeoffs with other sectors and natural resources pertaining to hunger and malnutrition in South Asia.
d. Develop sustainable solutions to make food systems more nutritional and health- focused in India and south Asia
e. Engage with experts, agriculturists and professionals and organize workshops and form a working group in south Asia that will collectively bring out a Regional Policy Brief Report as an integrated effort needed to tackle malnutrition in the region.
f. Develop best policies and practices that can be co-designed and scaled up in food insecure areas, and create steps needed to transform food systems in the south Asian region to achieve food security.
g. Examine policy monitoring systems and make country-specific recommendations based on findings to tackle malnutrition, hunger and establish solutions to ensure seed security for farmers and farming communities
h. Make country-specific recommendations based on findings for sustainable farming practices in South Asia.
i. Develop tools and resources on sustainable solution pathways that can support national decision makers achieve the SDGs on Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well Being.
j. Develop toolkit for sharing spatial datasets, reports, policy briefs, guidance documents, handbooks, other toolkits, and platforms to various stakeholders and decision makers.
Principal Project Associate
Number of positions : 02 (Two)
Emoluments : Rs. 49,000 + HRA
Age : Below 40 (Forty) years as of the last date for receipt of applications.
Essential Qualification : (i) Master's Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent; AND (ii) Eight years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services OR Doctoral Degree in Science / Engineering Technology / Pharma / MD / MS from a recognized University or equivalent; AND Four years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisation and Scientific activities and services.
Job Responsibilities : I. (Position One) Global Secretariat Support in developing and delivering on the existing communication strategy/ Social media management and Internal communications; 70 %: Global secretariat task; 30 % South Asia Secretariat task. Role of the selected candidate will be as “Science Communication Co-Lead.
II. (Position Two): Digital content development and strategy; Design, develop and maintain websites, create digital media and integrate web technologies; 60 % global secretariat task and 40 % South Asia secretariat task. Role of the selected candidate will be as “Digital Content Associate”
Detailed Job Description :
This position requires an energetic, strategic and creative individual to co-lead our global communications and build our online brand and community. In collaboration with the Future Earth secretariat Hubs, this individual will set the editorial calendar, coordinate our communications output, and work with a small international team to build our media presence. Deliverables include; social media management and monitoring, supervision of web content development, press engagement and monitoring, virtual and in person events, coordination of print and digital products for science-policy interactions, and managing consultants and suppliers.
The position reports to the Director of South Asia Hub, and will support users at all levels of the organization. This person will work closely with the Global Communication Lead and Operations team on various projects and events. Experience in science communications is a plus.
Key Responsibilities : Developing and delivering on the existing communication strategy
• Help deliver key annual communications products aligned with our Future Earth core strategic activities.
• Work with a globally distributed executive team to develop a communications calendar and set of communications priorities for the organization.
• Work with the executive team to manage and grow the globally distributed communications budget.
• Assist with management and supervision of the Future Earth website (WordPress).
• Curate, edit and post regular updates to the website, including news, blogs, events, and other content.
• Review, design and maintain website homepage and other site content to meet outstanding standards for professionalism, including copy-editing and image selection, copyright management and international privacy considerations.
• Collaborate with secretariat and partners to implement edits and additions as requested.
• Coordinate and edit news coverage, blogs, audio visual material or press releases for key events related to Future Earth networks and communities.
• Lead digital work on other Future Earth-hosted initiatives, such as the 10 New Insights in Climate Science series in close collaboration with relevant Future Earth colleagues. Social media management
• Delegate, design, and carry out social media campaigns around key events and priorities for Future Earth and track their results, often collaborating with staff based in different time zones.
• Implement and update the social media strategy for Future Earth, encompassing building a consistent voice, branding and integrating innovative tools for rapidly growing engagement with target audiences. Internal communications / other
• Maintain up-to-date digital and print global communications materials.
• Manage and edit the monthly newsletter.
• Assist with project management of the Future Earth Annual Report and other internal documents.
• Handle relationships regarding communications needs with the Future Earth Secretariat, and other entities of Future Earth.
• Support communications and advancement efforts within the South Asia Hub of Future Earth, as well as efforts to strengthen Future Earth’s profile and partnerships in Asia.
• As appropriate, manage contracts with external consultants and vendors supporting Future Earth’s communications work.
• Strong English language writing skills
How to Apply
Candidates who wish to apply may submit the CV highlighting the qualifications and experience along with the Name and Contact Details of two referees and Cover letter describing how your skills and experience would help meet the requirements of the role and contribute to the Future Earth Programme and the organization to the Subject Line “Vacancy: Position Name, Future Earth Global Secretariat Hub- South Asia” to [email protected]
The eligible applicants will be called for an interview (online or offline). Please do not send any hard copy of your application. No TA/DA will be provided.
Last Date of submission of on-line application : 25 February, 2023
See All Bangalore Alerts B.Pharm Alerts M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database