National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) was founded by Sir Robert McCarrison in the year 1918 as Beri-Beri Enquiry Unit in a single room laboratory at the Pasteur Institute, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. Within a short span of seven years, this unit blossomed into a Deficiency Disease Enquiry and later in 1928, emerged as full-fledged Nutrition Research Laboratories (NRL) with Dr. McCarrison as its first Director. It was shifted to Hyderabad in 1958.At the time of its golden jubilee in 1969, it was renamed as National Institute of Nutrition (NIN).
Post : Project Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible candidates by speed post only for the following position’s under the project entitled "A National Mission Mode Programme on Nutritional Improvement of digestible protein content and quality in rice” funded by DBT at this Institute
No of posts : 04
Essential Qualifications : Masters degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Microbiology and Food Science and Nutrition after completing 3 years of Bachelor’s degree. Candidate should have NET qualifications.
Desirable : Knowledge in Food Composition Analysis
Nature of duties : Nutrient analysis in food samples
Age : Not exceeding 35 years.
Cons. Salary : Rs.31,000/- plus HRA@24% per month fixed without any other allowances.
Tenure : One Year
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad.
Terms and conditions
The above positions/posts are on temporary basis.
1) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
2) The selected candidate should work atleast for a period of six months failing which the salary drawn by him/her has to be refunded.
3) *Age relaxation is admissible In respect of Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects) and Ex-Servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. Age, guallfications, etc., will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications.
4) ** Candidates applying for EWS category posts must possess Income and Asset certificate to be issued from District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Cuiiimissionei/1st Class stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrute/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner as per the DoPT OM dated 3Pl January, 2019. Candidates who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC’s, ST’s and OBC’s and whose family annual income below Rs.8 Lakhs are to be identified as EWS’s for the benefit of EWS reservation.
5) Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC category as per DoPT rules. The candidates should ensure that they belong to the OBC category while applying the project posts. Such candidates should produce a valid OBC-Non Creamy Layer certificate in the prescribed format during document verification that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer. The OBC certificate shall not be older than one year at the time of joining the post. In case of not complying with these stipulations, their candidature or OBC reservation will not be entertained.
6) The engagement can be terminated with one-month notice from either side without assigning any reason
7) Since, the posts are temporary; the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
8) Other allowances like CCA, LTC, Medical Claim and PF are not applicable.
9) The results of the final selection will be placed on ICMR-NIN website only. No intimation will be sent by e-mail or phone.
10) The recruited project staff is eligible for leave as per project recruitment rules/guidelines and will have to give an undertaking before joining.
11) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PWD Certificate (if applicable) for availing age relaxation, passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
12) The conditions of employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis.
13) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
The last date for receiving of applications will be 21 days from the date of uploading the advertisement in ICMR-NIN/ and ICMR websites or as on 3rd March, 2022. Applications received after due date will not be considered under any circumstances. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post/position are required to send the applications separately in each envelop. Incomplete applications i.e., without mentioning Advt.No., SI.No., Name of the Post, Category to which applied, will be directly rejected without intimation. The candidates have to download the application form and fill in his/her own handwriting and may be sent by speed post to The Director, ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai Osmania Post, Tarnaka, Hyderabad - 500 007, Telangana State duly superscribing the Post. SI.No, Name of the Post and Category alongwith self attested copies of requisite supporting documents of essential qualifications, etc.,
See All Other Jobs in our Database