National Institute of Cancer prevention and research (NICPR) was initially established as Cytology Research Centre (CRC) by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in 1979, and was elevated to the level of an Institute in 1989. It was granted national status in 2016 acknowledging its mandate and contributions towards cancer prevention. The institute has broadened its horizon to cater to prevention of prevalent cancers in the country. The thrust areas of research include pre-cancer and cancers of the uterine cervix, breast and oral cancers. NICPR has since made significant contributions in the field of cervical cancer research. The concept of clinical downstaging, visual inspection of cervix with selective cytology screening and development of novel diagnostic approaches for HPV and other oncogenes have been introduced for screening and early detection of cervical cancer.
Post : Research Associate
Walk-in-Interview for ONE POSITION of Research Associate in the Project entitled "Identification of rare variants in Pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) and their crosstalk with Interleukins and NF-kB to understand the functional Implications in Reproductive Tract Infections (RTIs)" -under PI Dr. Mausumi Bharadwaj, Scientist G.
Number of post : 01 (one) (UR)
Name of Project : Identification of rare variants in Pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) and their crosstalk with Interleukins and NF-kB to understand the functional Implications in Reproductive Tract Infections (RTIs)
Place of posting : ICMR - National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research NOIDA
Essential qualification : PhD in Life Sciences (Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / lmmunology etc
Work Experience : Good knowledge and experience in Molecular Biology techniques. Knowledge and experience in next generation sequencing data handling. Ability to think strategically, work and write under tight deadlines on a result- oriented basis. Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills by working harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse environment and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct.
Job Description : Coordination with clinical staff and patients of RTI clinic for biological sample collection. Processing of biological samples, maintenance of sample record, procurement of chemicals and design and set up experiment etc. Analysis of experimental data and writing manuscripts.
Age limit : Not exceeding 40 Years, 42 years in case of female candidate
Emoluments : Rs 47,000/-p.m. + HRA as per rules
Duration of project : 03 years ( subject to renewal on yearly basis)
Duration of contract : 1 year (extendable on the basis of performance).
Date of Walk-In Interview : 09/03/2022
The Terms & Conditions (Read carefully before submission)
1. The Posts are purely temporary for the project duration only.
2. The incumbent selected will have no claim for regular appointment at NICPR/ICMR/Govt.
3. Appointment is terminable with one month notice from either side.
4. No benefit of Provident Fund, HRA, CTC, Medical Claims etc. is admissible.
5. Age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD as per Govt, rules.
6. Age will be counted on 09/03/2022.
7. No travel charges will be paid to attend the interview.
8. Date of walk-in-interview has been scheduled on 09/03/2022. No candidate entry will be allowed after 9:30 am in any condition.
9. The number of positions can be decreased / increased at the discretion of Director, NICPR.
10. The competent authority has the right to screen /reject the candidature or cancel whole selection procedure without assigning any reason.
11. Any type of canvassing will be treated as disqualification.
12 Candidate can download the attached format and fill the application in all respect. Copy of documents (Age, educational qualification, experience, caste etc.) attachment is necessary.
13. Candidate will bring the completed application form and submit the same on 09/03/2022 . only.
14. The original documents will be verified on the same day i.e. on 09/03/2022 before entry to interview.
15. Incomplete, without photo pasted, unsigned applications will not be received and the candidate will not be allowed to participate in the walk-in-interview.
16. Copy of Identity proof (Aadhar/Pan Card/ Passport/Driving License-card type) is to be attached and original needs to be brought at the time of examination/interview.
17. Reservation certificate should be as per Govt, of India Rules.
18. Applicants should write the name of the Project and Post on the application form.
19. Persons already in regular/permanent service under any Government Department /Organization are not eligible to participate.
20. The selected candidate will work in the project mentioned above or on any other work that may be assigned by the Principal Investigator/Director from time to time.
21. Application must be submitted in the given format only. Applications submitted in any other format will be rejected.
22. No additional time will be given to submit any document etc. later on after interview.
23. Candidates who completely full fill the required criteria may come for interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database