The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and the U.S. Department of State are the respective nodal departments.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward (WSF) are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the University of Wisconsin–Madison faculty.
The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at leading U.S. universities over Summer 2023 for a period of 10-12 weeks.
The Khorana Program is envisaged to :
• Providing an opportunity to Indian students to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities.
• Promoting research and capacity building in biotechnology and allied areas.
• Encouraging post-graduate students to take up research as a career.
• Paving the way for the next generation scientists and technologists towards building long-term sustainable R & D linkages and collaborations.
Scholarship includes :
• Health Insurance
• Pre-final year students enrolled in B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Sc., MSc., B.E., M.E., M.S., Integrated B.S-M.S., B.V.Sc., M.V.Sc., B.Pharm., M. Pharm., MBBS., and Master in Medical Science and Technology (MMST) at recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health, biomedical sciences and interdisciplinary areas like Computational Sciences, Big Data, Machine Learning etc.) are eligible to apply.
• First Year, Final year and PhD students are NOT eligible to apply
• Applications in subject - fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
• The applicant should have:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher, OR
- Percentage: 80% and higher
- Minimum 65% and higher if the applicant is an MBBS student
Program dates : May – July 2023
Filling your applications
• Before applying, please read the detailed guidelines at iusstf.org/khorana-program-for-scholars
• The form must be completed by all applicants in English; please ensure that your respective form is complete and filled to the best of your knowledge before clicking ‘Submit’. Applicants would not be able to change or edit their forms after submission. Separate requests for editing any part of the application form will also not be considered.
• A separate application form must be completed for each program for which you apply. You may choose to apply for more than one visitation program, provided that you fulfil the eligibility criteria.
• Please note that fields marked with * are mandatory, please enter the necessary information in these fields
• Do not use capital letters unnecessarily to enter information in the form. Use only where required
• In the event of the applicant providing false or misleading information he/she will be asked to forfeit the internship/fellowship.
• Please enter your personal details correctly which will be used for all documentation purposes under the respective program.
• The address that you provide will be used for all correspondence. Any change of address after submission of the application needs to be communicated to the respective program officer without fail.
• In the sections “Statement of Purpose” and “Research Experience” please give as much information as possible to enable us to evaluate your application.
• All documents should be scanned and uploaded in the prescribed format.
• Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check - list mentioned in the application form.
• In case you do not have a passport, kindly apply for one and select ‘Applied for’ in the application form.
• If you are a first year Masters student and awaiting current results, please use your final year graduation marks to apply.
• The recommendations need to be on the official letter head of the referee with their ink signature and stamp (if any). If they are comfortable sharing the letters with the candidate; it can be uploaded with the application form. If not, the referees may directly e-mail it to email@example.com with the candidate’s name, institute/university clearly mentioned in the subject line, well before the submission deadline.
• One of the referees should be your teacher/tutor. In case you have completed a training/internship in any lab, a reference from your supervisor there would be preferred.
• Any supporting document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org(mailto:email@example.com) after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Submission Deadline : 09 January 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database