Founded in 1849, Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support.
Post : Medical Advisor
• Medical Strategy Development /Policy shaping
* To develop and lead the implementation of the medical strategy for the BU across diverse therapeutic areas.
* Provide medical support towards business development and new product launches. Will be ultimately accountable for the medical and regulatory strategy to support BD and new launches for the concerned BU.
* Liase and engage with key external stakeholders such as Key opinion leaders, medical / HCP associations and regulatory bodies for advocacy and relationship building in alignment with Pfizer policies.
• Customer Engagement and Insight Generation to close the gap in unmet medical needs, through facilitating local guideline/policy update and implementation
* Establishes the engagement with external stakeholders such as medical/ HCP societies, academic institutions and opinion leaders including government (MOH, FDA, policy makers, etc.), to bridge Pfizer’s business goals with the external healthcare environment.
* Focuses on Insight generation through the customer engagements (country stakeholders) and translate these into medical strategies to meet the needs of customers. He/she will collect, analyze and report local customer medical insights to assist business decision making and will report local competitive intelligence in clinical research and medical positioning and share internally and externally as post-meeting deliverables.
* Conduct advisory board meetings with different stakeholders as needed, to gain insights for key strategic value adding programs
• Stakeholder focus to improve quality patient care through partnerships in continuing medical education and capability development in healthcare professionals
* Develops key partnerships. The Medical Advisor develops partnerships with country stakeholders (such as medical societies, government, academic institutions, KOLs) to implement key programs to improve the quality of healthcare.
* Support channel initiatives and support country access initiatives.
* Collaborate with commercial and other colleagues to actively support business strategies, particularly those that support priority stakeholders
• Data Generation for shaping healthcare policy and for regulatory compliance.
* The Medical Advisor helps in the development and implementation of local data generation programs and other research programs, including but not limited to, real-world data generation and outcomes research that will support initiatives for health policy development, guideline development and other TA/channel initiatives in the country to facilitate scientific decision making in healthcare coverage and patient access.
* To implement regulatory data generation requirements (eg. NIS, Post-marketing surveillance studies and other clinical trials for regulatory submissions)
• Medical Operational and Compliance Oversight
* Periodic review of the quality / outcomes of medically driven programs
* Provide inputs to the New Product Planning, Marketing, and Business Development colleagues with medical evaluation and recommendations on commercial opportunities with new products (e.g., licensing, acquiring, co-promotion, etc.) for the assigned BU/cluster of TAs.)
* Wherever required should also provide subject matter expertise to cross geography medical projects such as digital strategy in medical education, health outcomes research etc
* Be accountable for complying to all local policies, procedures and regulations for self in all activities relevant to the medical BU
• Medical Degree, Degree in Sciences or Medical Sciences (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Technology, Psychology and other allied health disciplines.)
• Previous experience in medical affairs, clinical affairs or regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in anti-infectives segment/microbiology preferred.
• Degree in advanced sciences or post-graduate courses preferred
• Good medical and scientific background
• Proficiency in English and good computer usage
Qualification : M.Pharm, MSc
Location : Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : 20th January, 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database