Work as Intern at USP | M.Pharm, M.Sc
USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Post : Intern
Summary of the Position
This is a non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Analytical Research & Development Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist works on projects including Analytical Method Development for in process samples for synthetic chemistry support and Compendia Analytical method validation. The Scientist performs a variety of non-routine and routine analytical tests, including evaluation of reference standards, development or validation of official methods, evaluation of packaging materials, stability and dissolution studies, and general research in analytical chemistry.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Perform literature search, plan and execute compendial procedures as per protocols, guidelines and established SOPs under the supervision of senior member.
• Ensure the projects requirements are met by coordinating with other team members and the supervisor
• Ensure the project updates are provided to the supervisor on weekly basis.
• Engage in project planning, execution, method development and analysis of test samples according to set standards as USP general chapters, guidelines, SOPs and protocols.
• Monitor each stage of development closely and coordinate with supervisor to complete the projects within time.
• Responsible for archival of projects records.
• Ensure that the calibrations of the equipment’s are performed as per the schedule and assist in preparation,execution and completion of IQ/OQ/PQ for new instruments.
• Support lab ERP coordinator to maintain the inventory of chemicals and LC columns.
• Work professionally and collaboratively with fellow lab scientists and other relevant departments in the development of reference standards.
• Identify and implement solutions to technical problems related to the development and analysis of the data.
• Implement and maintain key quality systems such as deviations, investigations, and CAPAs. Maintain GLP & safety procedures while working in Lab, in addition to ISO 9001 – ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
• Assists in quality audits as necessary.
• Ensure to follow USP Policies and Procedures.
• Master Degree in Chemistry (M.Sc.) or Pharmaceutical Sciences (M Pharm) with Distinction or Minimum 60 % of Marks (Candidate need to be consistently First Class all through the Academics)
• Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
• Technical and analytical skills required including the ability to interpret technical information.
• Desirable to have Theoretical knowledge of chemical methods and instruments like HPLC, HPTLC, UHPLC, GC, IC, FTIR, UV-Visible. Should have fair understanding of GLP regulations. Working knowledge of computer applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel and exposure to lab software would be advantageous.
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : MSc./M.Pharm
Location : Hyderabad
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Tracking Code : 1475-679
End Date : 30th September, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database