The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar is an autonomous Institute of National importance set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers by an Act of Parliament, to impart higher education and undertake advanced research in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences, technology and management. The Institute intends to fill the following Teaching post on direct recruitment basis.
Post : Associate Professor (Medical Devices)
Pay Level : 13A2 (Academic Pay Level), Pay range – Rs. 1,39,600-2,11,300/-
No. of Posts : 01 (One)
Educational Qualification & Experience : Ph.D. in Instrumentations / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentations / Mechanical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering / Biomedical Engineering with first class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in any branch of Medical / Engineering / Biomedical Sciences / Biomedical Engineering with a very good academic record throughout and at least 8 (eight) years of teaching and research or industrial experience after Ph.D. with published work of high quality and an established reputation of having made seminal contribution to knowledge in Medical Devices and Medical Technology.
Desirable : Candidates having teaching and research experience in the field of medical devices / biomedical engineering/medical imaging will be preferred.
Maximum Age Limit : 50 years.
OTHER AMENITIES/ALLOWANCES : The faculty of NIPER shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement Facility and other allowances as applicable to NIPER faculties. In addition, the faculty of the Institute shall be given the following special allowances to help them in their professional development.
Membership of professional societies/procurement of journals : Every faculty member shall get 50% subsidy on the cost of membership or of the journals up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year.
Book Allowance : Every faculty member shall get a book allowance up to maximum of Rs.5,000/- per year. The books shall ultimately form a part of the Institute’s Library accession.
Contract research & consultancy : The Institute encourages the faculty members to undertake consultancy work or work on sponsored projects.
1. Candidate of only Indian nationality can apply for these posts.
2. The maximum age limit and eligibility conditions shall be counted as on closing date for receipt of applications i.e. 08.05.2023 (Monday).
3. Candidates should carefully read the required minimum essential qualifications, age and eligibility, experience criteria etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying this post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the application form, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
4. Qualification and experience required for the post should be in the relevant field / area / department / centre / facility for which the posts have been advertised.
5. All appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature on temporary basis with an initial probation period of two (02) years. The same shall be confirmed depending upon satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
6. The post advertised shall accrue all benefits at par with Central Government Employees. In addition to the usual pay and allowances as admissible vide 7th Pay Commission; other benefits such as Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement Facility, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowances etc. are also available as per NIPER Acts and Statutes.
7. The applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous organizations must send their application (in the prescribed format) along with relevant documents ‘Through Proper Channel’. Such applicants are required to send advance copy of their application, but their candidature shall only be considered in case their applications are received through proper channel.
8. In case of applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous organizations, while forwarding the application, certificate to the effect that the officer is clear from vigilance angel and there is no disciplinary case pending or contemplated against him/her is required to be furnished.
9. The vital information like designation, organization, previous employment profile, scale and band of pay and grade pay, type of pay scale like Central Government (CDA) or Industrial (IDA) and equivalent CDA in case of later, nature of duties etc. must be given in full, failing which the application may be summarily rejected without any further follow up, whatsoever.
10. The applications received in response to advertisement shall be scrutinized by a committee and only short listed candidates shall be called for selection process. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for presentation and interview. The Institute reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for Presentation and interview.
11. In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age and experience for a post may be relaxed by the Competent Authority.
12. The detailed description about nature of duties performed and being performed are mandatory to be mentioned, failing which application(s) may not be considered. If required, an additional sheet may be attached.
13. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
14. The process of selection will include presentation and interview or any other process as decided by the Competent Authority for the post.
15. In case application is received without / less prescribed fee, the application shall be rejected and no further correspondence in this regard shall be made / entertained.
16. The application(s) must be submitted as per prescribed application format including signed supplementary format(s) of synopsis and brief duties format and other information. The applications not in the prescribed format and not accompanied by the synopsis sheet shall be out- rightly rejected. The synopsis duly filled in shall also be send (in .pdf format) through e-mail at email@example.com
17. Duly filled in application form should be supported by all relevant supporting enclosures with pagination. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) and without pagination will be out-rightly rejected.
18. Application forms are available at the Institute’s website <www.niper.gov.in/jobs.htm>. The candidate(s) who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit the application(s) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees/ certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below:
i. for post under direct recruitment for Unreserved and OBC category: Rs. 1000/-
ii. for SC/ST/PwBD/female candidate: NIL
The above prescribed application fee is required to be submitted through NEFT mode only. The proof of payment of prescribed fee payable through NEFT in the Institute’s Bank is required to be attached.
Account Name : Director, NIPER, SAS Nagar
Name of the Bank : State Bank of India, SCF No.32, Phase -X, Sector- 64 SAS Nagar-160062
Bank Account No.: 55034549623
IFSC Code: SBIN0004421
19. Age relaxation / reservation policy wherever applicable will be as per Government of India. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
20. No age relaxation would be available to SC/ST/OBC candidates as the vacancy is Unreserved (UR).
21. Age relaxation for PwBD/Ex-Servicemen candidates is applicable as per Government of India norms.
22. Candidates on direct selection shall be governed by New Pension Scheme of Central Government made effective from 01-01-2004.
23. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which the interview will not be allowed. The original certificates/degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
24. The names, addresses, occupations, contact numbers and email IDs of three referees must be given in the application form. They should be Reporting Officer(s) and/or Employer in the previous and present employment(s) and should be familiar with the nature of duties.
25. Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address during the process of recruitment will not be entertained under any circumstances.
27. No interim enquires / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
28. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
29. Candidate should keep their email id & mobile no. provided in the application form active. Institute will not be responsible for non receipt / delay in receipt of any communication due to deactivation of email id and or mobile number given or due to change in address etc. 30. Candidates are required to visit the Institute website regularly as any subsequent corrigendum/addendum etc. shall be published on the Institute website only. Institute will not be responsible in any manner, if a candidate fails to visit the website in time.
31. Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria may submit their application on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials in an envelope super-scribing the post applied for “_________________”. The completed application form is required to be sent to: THE REGISTRAR (OFFICIATING), NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH SECTOR-67, S.A.S.NAGAR (MOHALI)-160062
32. The last date for receipt of application forms is 08.05.2023 (Monday) i.e.30 days from the date of publication in Employment News.
33. The Institute will NOT be responsible for non-receipt of application(s) within the stipulated date due to any postal delay/loss of application/document sent in transit. Late receipt of applications may not be considered and applications received after due date i.e. 08.05.2023 (Monday) shall not be entertained at any circumstances and such applications will be returned to the sender.
See All Other Jobs in our Database