600 Scholarships in University of Melbourne of Worth US$115000 – 2021
Melbourne is a place where world-class researchers choose to study and work. You’ll study alongside talented peers in an environment focused on research impact and relevance, and be supervised by leading experts in your field. Our graduate schools offer graduate research programs in most major disciplines, so you can pursue your passion and develop your career.
Find out how to select a graduate research degree, understand the selection process, scholarships available and fees, receive your offer and enroll as an international graduate researcher.
What are the benefits of the University of Melbourne Scholarship?
Stipend and fee offset scholarships
• 100% fee remission and up to $110,000
• Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
• Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro-rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
• Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
• Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Detailed Benefits of University of Australia Scholarships Benefits vary between scholarships.
The benefits that apply to your Scholarship are specified in your scholarship offer and may include one or more of the benefits defined in this clause.
A: Stipend (Living allowance)
1. The yearly stipend rate for full-time students is stated in your scholarship offer.
2. The yearly stipend rate for part-time students is 50 per cent of the full-time student rate
3. Stipends are paid fortnightly from the commencement date of the Scholarship.
B: Fee offset
1. A fee offset is a fee remission or exemption that cover the course tuition fees for the maximum duration of the Scholarship. Students who remain enrolled beyond the end date of their scholarship may become liable for paying the remaining tuition fees.
C: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
1. Unless otherwise specified in your scholarship offer, the University will provide visa length OSHC Single membership for students who require a Student Visa to study in Australia.
2. The University will either:
• arrange OSHC on your behalf with the University’s preferred OSHC provider after you have accepted your course and scholarship offer, or
• reimburse the cost upon provision of a receipt if you have arranged your own OSHC membership up to the scheduled value used by the University’s preferred OSHC provider.
D: Relocation allowance
1. The University will pay a relocation allowance to students who:
• were living overseas or interstate at the time of applying for the scholarship,
• have not studied at an institution in Victoria within 12 months prior to applying for the scholarship, and
• had to relocate to Melbourne to commence their course of study at the University of Melbourne
2. The allowance is usually included in the first payment of the stipend. The value of the allowance is:
• A$2,000 for student who have relocated from interstate, or
• A$3,000 for students who have relocated from outside Australia
E: Thesis Allowance
1. If you must lodge a hard copy of your thesis as a course completion requirement, the University will reimburse the cost related to the production of a thesis (e.g. printing, binding) upon presentation of receipts.
2. Requests for reimbursement must be made within 6 months of the date of purchase.
3. The maximum value of this allowance is:
• A$420 for a Master degree thesis
• A$840 for a Doctoral degree thesis
How to apply
When you apply for graduate research degrees at Melbourne, you need to choose a research area, check you meet entry requirements, then apply directly with the University of Melbourne. If eligible, you’ll automatically be considered for a Graduate Research Scholarship. You may also be eligible for other scholarships and bursaries, which require an application.
See All Other Jobs in our Database