Job for Pharmacist at Colorado State University | Fort Collins, USA
Colorado State University is a public research university founded in 1870 and located in Fort Collins, in the U.S. state of Colorado. The university is the state’s land-grant university, and the flagship university of the Colorado State University System. As a land-grant institution, it is in the DNA of Colorado State University to promote education to anyone with the motivation and ability to earn a degree. Our State is Colorado, but our Colorado State University Rams are built on a global scale. We unite in Fort Collins, where our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences strengthen our community. Fort Collins is a community that blends education and industry, hard work and recreation, tradition and progress. True to our land-grand beginnings, we’re focused on practical solutions for today and tomorrow.
Post : Staff Pharmacist
The Staff Pharmacist interprets prescriptions and dispenses medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and laws. This position provides advice to patients and staff at the CSU Health Network regarding appropriate use and side effects of medications, both over-the counter and prescription.
Job Description :
• Dispense prescription medications by interpreting oral or written prescription orders, determining appropriateness of directions, strength and dosage, and monitor for medication interactions and allergies
• Review and verify prescription orders entered and prepared by pharmacy technicians for accuracy
Consultation & Customer Service
• Educate patients about medications including side effects and give advice about other medication related issues as needed.
• Advise patients on over-the-counter medications and other products depending on their symptoms and other health concerns.
• Advise prescribers and other staff about medication interactions, therapy equivalents, and appropriate dosages
• Oversees normal workflow operations of technicians and clerks in the pharmacy while operating as the pharmacist in charge.
• In the absence of the pharmacy manager, such as when the manager is sick or on annual leave, serves as the pharmacist in charge. This may include managing work schedules, inventory and administrative functions.
• Participates in quality improvement studies and supports positive change related to quality improvement
• Supports and contributes to pharmacy intern program as directed by the pharmacy manager
• Supports and participates in development of new clinical programs through research and implementation
• Executes other pharmacy and university driven initiatives such as Opiod-Antagonist distribution
• Monitor inventory levels to assess for errors in prescription fulfillment process, explore options for replacing out of stock items, and look for trends in prescribing patterns to maintain appropriate supply for student population while minimizing waste
• Conduct accurate counts of controlled substance inventory during and after each fill to be recorded in the perpetual inventory log
Required Job Qualifications
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD
• Active Colorado Pharmacy License
• Five years of full-time retail pharmacy experience as a Licensed Pharmacist
• Experience in a high volume retail environment
• Experience managing pharmacy workflow and operations
• Experience caring for college age patients
• Experience caring for diverse populations
• Experience executing clinical programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
• Knowledge of retail pharmacy operations
• Basic compounding skills
• Comprehensive understanding of third party billing and claims processing
• Strong decision making, and time-management skills
• Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to analyze policies, programs, and initiatives to make recommendations for quality improvement
Experience : 5 years
Qualification : B.Pharm, Pharm.D
Location : Fort Collins, CO
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Salary : $110,000-$115,000
End Date : 05/05/2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database