Opportunity at United States Pharmacopeia as Associate Scientific Liaison
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post : Associate Scientific Liaison / Scientific Liaison
This is a non-supervisory scientific position in the Chemical Medicines Department (CM) reporting to Senior Director/ Director/Team Leader. The role is that of an individual contributor. The incumbent is responsible for the development of monographs for small molecular-weight pharmaceuticals (drug substances and associated dosage forms) in the USP-NF and supports USP Expert Committees and associated Expert Panels. The department works closely with Reference Standards Evaluation (RSE) Compendial Development Laboratories (CDL) within Global Laboratory Organization (GLO) and other departments such as Publications (PUBS), Executive Secretariat and Compendial Affairs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops new monographs and revises existing monographs based on supporting data submitted by USP global laboratories and external sponsors
- Evaluates analytical methodology and acceptance criteria
- Redesigns existing official monographs
- Works closely with a team of high-performing scientists responsible for the development and revision of documentary standards
- Works with USP staff, regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and other pharmacopeias as related to monograph development
- Provides information to the relevant USP Expert Committee(s) in support of monograph development
- Serves as a mentor for other staff and leads training efforts, as needed
- Serves as a member on USP cross-functional teams, as needed
- Prepares manuscripts for publication by USP (e.g. stimuli articles) or in peer-reviewed journals
- Represents USP at scientific conferences/meetings, outreach visits and other events sponsored by USP, the pharmaceutical industry, trade organizations and regulatory agencies
- Participates in the development and/or review of USP’s professional education course materials and may serve as an instructor, as needed
- Collaborates closely with Compendial Development Laboratories, Reference Standards Evaluation, Reference Standards Laboratories, Publications, Executive Secretariat, Compendial Affairs and other departments on monograph-related issues
- Tracks and reports frequently to management on the status of assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ph.D with minimum 8 years and Masters Degree with minimum 10 years of experience from an Analytical background/QA background will be considered for Scientific Liaison Role. Ph.D with minimum 5 years and Masters Degree with 8 years can also be considered for Associate Scientific Liaison.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience with analytical techniques such as chromatography, wet chemistry, spectroscopy, titration, etc.
- Knowledge of compendial standards related to pharmaceutical industry (USP NF test Standards)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for pharmaceuticals (e.g. FDA, ICH, etc.)
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted.
- Candidate with past experience as a Speaker in a Pharma forum will be an added advantag
Find More Info go to Next Page...