Job as Production Manager - AH Formulation in Indian Immunologicals Ltd.
The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) set up Indian Immunologicals Ltd. (IIL) in 1982 with the objective of making Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) vaccine available to farmers at an affordable price. The technology for FMD vaccine manufacture was obtained from M/s. Wellcome Foundation Limited, United Kingdom. The plant in Hyderabad today has a capacity to make 80 million trivalent doses of FMD vaccine. Following the successful introduction of Foot &Mouth Disease Vaccine-Raksha, IIL launched the tissue culture vaccine "Raksharab" in 1989. This was the first Indian tissue culture vaccine in the market. Subsequently IIL has developed many biologicals through its own R&D efforts and launched several vaccines in the Indian market at affordable prices.
Post: Production Manager - AH Formulation
A production manager required with experience in erection of process and service equipment, validation, standardization of production process, planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes of tablets, bolus and liquid injectables for veterinary use. The candidate should have been exposed to external audits such as USFDA, MHRA etc.
· Selection of suitable process and service equipment in coordination with project team.
· Erection and validation of equipment.
· Imparting training to the technical staff.
· Establishing pre-production and post production activities.
· Responsible for documentation in line with USFDA requirements.
· Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
· Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
· Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
· Working out the human and material resources needed.
· Drafting a timescale for the job.
· Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
· Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
· Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment.
· Monitoring product standards and implementing cGMP programmes.
· Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
· Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
· Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
· Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
· Reviewing the performance of subordinates;
· Identifying training needs.
Experience: 10-15 Years
Education: B.Pharm, M.Pharm, B.Sc, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Production, F&D
End Date: 9th Oct., 2011
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.