The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda invites Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors
1. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The university reserves its right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. Fulfillment of essential qualifications per se does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
2. Stringent criteria will be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
3. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
4. The University may increase or decrease number of advertised posts without prior notice.
5. Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
6. Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
7. Reservation Policy will be followed as per Govt. of India Rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates are required to attach the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
8. The process of selection may be by a presentation/ seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
9. Application should be accompanied with a non-refundable demand draft Rs.500/- (Rs. 250/- for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/PWD) drawn in favour of the Central University of Punjab, Bathinda.
10. The application duly filled in the prescribed Application Form along with Academic Performance Index (API) Form are accepted throughout the year at the address given below: Registrar Central University of Punjab City Campus Mansa Road Bathinda-151 001, India
11. Separate application along with application fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
12. Any changes of address given in the application form should at once be communicated to the university.
13. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
14. The applicants are advised to list their proposed, ongoing and completed research projects and write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue.
15. The persons serving in Central/State Governments, Autonomous Bodies (Central/State) may be taken on deputation/contract for 2 or more years or up to the age of superannuation of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The service conditions including pay scales are as per UGC norms.
16. Retired Professor up to the age of 64 years in the relevant subject may also apply. Such candidates if selected may be paid full pay admissible to their respective rank at the minimum prescribed basic pay as per the rules.
17. The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must send their applications "Through Proper Channel." The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application through proper channel.
18. In case of in-service candidates from Private Sector, acceptance of resignation and relieving letter from the employer at the time of joining must be submitted.
19. The age of the superannuation for all the posts shall be as per UGC norms.
20. The university employees are covered under new pension scheme introduced by the Government of India. Those who are appointed on deputation, payment of both leave salary and pension contribution will be as per rules.
21. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in interview.
22. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
23. Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets/ experience certificate, reprint of important publications, etc) will be out-rightly rejected.
24. Competent authority can relax the qualification and experience in case of highly deserving candidates.
25. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine /background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
26. The University reserves the right to place the curriculum vitae of any person for any post for the consideration of selection committee; to consider “in-absentia” or interview through “Video Conferencing”.
27. It will be open to the University to consider, on its own, names of suitable candidates who might have not applied. Candidates shall not claim it as a right.
28. The University may draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future. 29. The University reserves the right to consider the applications received after the last date. In case the last date fixed for receiving the applications is declared a holiday, next working day shall be deemed to be the last date for receiving the forms
30. Candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the University website cup.ac.in. They should also check their email account for updates. Issuance of notifications in the newspapers is not obligatory on the part of the university.
31. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
32. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only.
Advt.No: T-07 (2012)
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.