EMD Millipore, Division of Merck & Co. Invites Process Development Scientist | US-Massachusetts
Millipore is a Life Science leader providing cutting-edge technologies, tools, and services for bioscience research and biopharmaceutical manufacturing. As a strategic partner, we collaborate with customers to confront the world's challenging human health issues. From research through development to production, our scientific expertise and innovative solutions help customers tackle their most complex problems and achieve their goals.
Post: Process Development Scientist
EMD Millipore is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the east coast sales organization. The Process Development Scientist position is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for EMD Millipore's Bioprocess Division. The ideal candidate will be a scientist/engineer with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of bioprocess unit operations and possess 3- 5 years experience in process development.
Position responsibilities include:
- Proactively pursuing and performing process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins
- Involvement in the selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals; Primary focus is on phase 1-3 drug development
- Collaborate and work with client process development groups in the New England area.
- Perform bench scale experimentation with Millipore technologies such as sterile membrane filtration, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, viral reduction filtration, as well as chromatography
- Work collaboratively with a team of local Millipore account managers to provide technical expertise on Millipore technologies to local clients.
The candidate will be highly motivated and self directed. Travel to customers within the New England area with potential for occasional travel outside of this territory.
BS or MS in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry with 3- 5 years experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation.
Must have excellent hands on laboratory skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other data analysis software and be able to:
- Schedule, plan and execute bench-top experiments independently.
- Develop test methods and produce high quality written experimental reports for our customers.
- Derive relevant conclusions based on the experimental results and effectively communicate this to our customers.
- Make recommendations for future course of action based on experimental results.
Experience: 3-5 years
Education: BS, MS-Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry
Industry Type: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
End Date: 22nd Sept., 2011
Job ID: 1102303
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.