Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
Post : Sr. Program Manager (SPM) / Program Manager (PM)
Post Code : PM-04
Consolidated Remuneration : Between Rs.90,000/- to Rs.2,70,000/- Lump sum per month for Program Manager & Between Rs.1,10,000 to Rs.3,00,000 lumpsum per month for Sr. Program Manager, depending on qualifications and experience.
Tenure : The engagement on the position is for a period of three  years or co-terminus with the Project, whichever is earlier. The contract shall be renewed depending upon the extension of the Project or the need for continuance of service.
Job Description :
The Program Manager (PM) will serve in the Program Management Unit for Ind-CEPI at BIRAC. The PM will be expected to work closely with vaccine researchers and developers on vaccines with potential outbreak threats, provide guidance on how to strengthening the infrastructure to support the needs of the vaccine development through an academia- industry interface, will identify strategies to supporting capacity building and skill development and strengthen co-ordination for rapid vaccine development and testing to address known and unknown infectious disease threats. Reporting to Head Technical, BIRAC and Mission Director (PMU) the PM will have the opportunity to interact and work with thought leaders and leading scientists both in India and internationally; contribute to strategic thinking and forward looking analysis; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under IndCEPI.
Essential Qualifications :
• Ph.D. / equivalent in Life Science / Biological Sciences with broad and deep knowledge in project management in the areas of health care.
• 6 to 10 years of experience in academic, industry or similar position.
• Experience in Project management, strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience in technology assessment
• Technical Proficiency in relevant areas like Vaccines, Biotherapeutics and Medical Devices are preferred.
Age Limit – 38 years for the position of Program Manager and 40 years for the position of Sr. Program Manager as on the date of closing of applications.
Experience : 6 to 8 years for Program Manager and 10 to 12 years for Sr. Program Manager
Key Responsibilities :
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
• Responsibilities for Implementation of Ind-CEPI which includes writing of Requests for Proposals for soliciting applications, working with national and international experts for scientific evaluation and assessment of proposal.
• Manage portfolio of grants requiring high-level grant management skills.
• Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready
• Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
• Responsible for all Program Investment and Financial Planning.
• Ensure timely execution of all activities and manage the team of Program Officers
• Proper monitoring both technical and financial of the projects working closely with advisory group and preparing a strategy for implementation.
• Responsible for organizing all Meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
• In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Manager must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
• Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC and DBT
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 12th November,2022
Vacancy Ref. No. BIRAC/PMU/VAC/58/Sep-2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database