Job for Research Associate at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Biofortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Post : Research Associate - I
No of posts : 02
Area : - Computational Biology & HPC cluster Management
Research work responsibility:-
Under the general supervision of the scientist, the selected candidate will be expected to:-
1. Management of HPC clusters, network, and storage for smooth running of NABI projects on computation biology and bioinformatics analysis of large data sets.
2. Develop novel computational methods for analyzing high-throughput genomic data.
3. Process and integrate experimental results using custom bioinformatics tools.
4. Publish scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and present findings at seminars and conferences.
5. Work cooperatively with NABI faculty and students and outside collaborators.
1. Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, or M.Tech in above related area with at least 3 years of research experience and at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
2. Expertise in programming (C++ or C, Java, Perl or Python, R, SQL)
3. Expertise in machine language learning
Emoluments :- Rs. 47000/- per month plus HRA. (As per DST OM No. SR/s9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019)
1. Experience in managing HPC networking topologies for different types of clusters involving technologies based on InfiniBand.
2. Knowledge around technologies utilized in HPC clusters and experience in job scheduling.
3. Experience around working with clustered/distributed file systems and scale out storage technologies.
4. Experience managing and troubleshooting HPC environments from an infrastructural perspective meaning everything from local node problems, blade chasis, intra- and interconnect traffic in the topology, process/job management and the process of tracing backwards to understand what workload affects the cluster in an abnormal way.
Age: 40 years (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI instructions)
For Further Details:- Dr. Joy K Roy, Scientist F Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Selection Process:- All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) located at Knowledge City Sector-81, Mohali 140306 on 25th September, 2019 at 01:00 P.M along-with duly filled Application form (Mandatory). The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 01:00 P.M to 02:00 P.M on above mentioned date and time. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying; as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed. All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV, thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
See All Other Jobs in our Database