Recruitment for MPharm or MSc under the SERB research project at JIPMER
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the ‘Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry’ established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health.
Post: Senior research Fellow
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following post under the SERB research project.
Project title:“Isolation and characterization of Extracellular vesicles (exosomes) from human Umbilical Cord-derived Mesenchymal stem cells and determination of their safety and efficacy for ischemic stroke therapy”.
No.of post: One (Temporary)
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ life sciences/ M.tech Biotechnology/ MPharm with at least two years of experience in stem cell culture techniques/ animal research after post-graduation
Desirable: Ph.D./ M.Phil. in Neuroscience/ Passed NET/ GATE/ equivalent exam.
Candidates with experience in clinical research in stem cell biology/ animal research with publications in the field and hands-on experience in advanced molecular techniques such as RT-PCR, ELISA, DNA sequencing
Age limit: Upper age limit 35 years. Age limit relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/women candidates as per Govt. rules
Salary: As per rules of DST (SERB), New Delhi.
All interested candidates may E-mail the documents mentioned in section B as PDF files to the mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com on or before 24-10-2020; 5:00 PM
Interview will be conducted for SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES provisionally on 31-10-2020, via web conference ONLY No individual call letters will be sent.
General Terms and conditions
1. Appointment is for a period of one year, to be extended based onthe performance every year for a period of three years until the project is completed.
2. The candidates are advised not to bring any type of recommendations to influence their selection. Such candidates will be summarily rejected.
3. The appointment can be terminated at any time before the expiry of the period of 6 months referred to above, with one month's notice without assigning any reason or if the person's work is considered unsatisfactory by the competent authority.
4. If the appointee wishes to resign his/her job, he/she has to serve one month's notice or remit one month's salary or pay thereof, as the case may be proportionate to the shortfall in the notice period.
5. The appointee shall perform the duties as assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional allowances will be admissible in case of such assignment.
6. The appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government Servants appointed on regular basis.
7. The appointee shall not be granted any claim or right for regular appointment to any post of JIPMER Puducherry/JIPMER Karaikal.
8. The appointee shall be on a whole time appointment at JIPMER, Puducherry and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in a private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
9. The appointee will not be entitled to any T.A. for joining the appointment.
10. Other conditions of service will be governed by relevant rules and orders issued from time to time.
11. If any declaration given or information furnished by him/her proves false or if he/she is found to have wilfully suppressed any material, information, he/she will be liable for removal from the service and also such other action as the Government may deem it necessary.
12. The appointee shall not be entitled to avail any allowances/facilities being extended to the regular/permanent members of the JIPMER, Puducherry/JIPMER, Karaikal.
13. The JIPMER reserves the right not to select any candidate if no candidate is found suitable for the post.
14. The contract appointee will not have any claim for permanent or regular employment in this Institute as this is purely a temporary contractual engagement and will remain valid up to contractual period for which the engagement is approved on each Occassion.
15. The contract appointee will not be eligible to get official accommodation/quarters allotment within the campus as applicable to the other regular employees of this Institute.
16. The contract appointee shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any matter which is adverse to the interest of the Institute.
17. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
List of documents to be submitted via mail
1. CV of the applicant, with valid email ID and contact number.
2. Certificate of all Academic and other additional qualifications
3. Experience certificate (if applicable).
4. Birth certificate / proof of date of birth For overseas candidates,
EMR: JIP/2020/Dean(R)/47/SERB/Neurology/Sunil Narayan
File No: CRG/2019/002076
See All Other Jobs in our Database