Recruitment for Scientist at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute | 45 posts
5. Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: High throughput genome analysis genome assembly, annotation and comparative genomics, metagenome and microbiome analysis, ability to handle NGS data, protein modeling and interaction and system biology preferably with skills in (a) Machine learning or (b) High Performance Computing or (c )Biostatistics, or database and genome browser development
6. Nutraceutical and Phytochemicals: Characterization and development of novel natural plant products and product development for better health, natural flavors, colors and dyes
7.Nutritional Biology: Bioprocessing of foods for enhancing micronutrition and bioavailability: nutrigenomics
8. Plant Tissue Culture: Micropropagation, double haploid development, genetic transformation of cereals, pulses, vegetables and fruit crops.
Selection Process: The applications will be received against the advertised positions. Suitably constituted screening committee will screen the applications in one or two stages on the basis of essential qualifications & research experience, recommendation letters and research outcomes. The applicants identified as highly promising will be invited for interactions at the institute and for discussions with suitably constituted selection committee.
General conditions for Recruitment:
1) As per this advertisement, total no. of positions are 45. However, the position will be filled subject to availability of the candidate with excellent academic record as per the recommendations of selection committee.
2) This is a rolling advertisement. Applications can be submitted any time till November 30, 2017. The date for determining the age limit/experience/qualification shall be May 31st and Nov 30th, when the applications received till that date will be screened.
3) The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC candidates, as per Govt. of India norms.
4) In addition to the usual pay & allowances as admissible vide 6th Pay Commission in the above scales, other benefits such as Leave Travel Concession, Medical expenses, House rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Telephone Expenses etc. shall be provided as per rules.
5) The Institute encourages creation of knowledge and benefit sharing related to IPR.
6) Candidates will be governed by New pension Scheme of Central Government effective from 01/04/2004.
7) Appointment will be made initially on contract in project mode for a period of 5 years with an initial probation period of one year which may be extended / curtailed at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation, if any will depend on candidate’s performance during the initial period of five years.
8) Candidates may choose to apply for more than one post by submitting separate application for each position. Depending upon suitability of the candidates, a higher or lower post may be offered by the Selection Committee.
9) Application must be complete in all respects and as per the institutional format. In case candidates are employed in Govt./semi Govt/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs, their application must be forwarded through proper channel. Applications other than prescribed format will not be entertained.
10) All applications must be supported by attested certificates including photograph, address, telephone, e-mail, qualifications, experience, status of reservation, analysis of research publications with respect to Impact Factor, Citations & h-index (based on research articles) and a 1000 words statement on the research area of interest and its relevance to NABI.
Find More Info go to Next Page...