The Central University of Punjab, has been established in 2009 along with other new Central Universities by an Act of Parliament (No 25, of 2009). Central University has completed a remarkable journey of 12 years. University is accredited ‘A’ grade in 2016 in first accreditation cycle by NAAC and has secured 95th, 87th and 84th rank in the year 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively in the University category of NIRF. It is credited with highest per capita research funding. The university has a mission of providing a wide range of instructional and research facilities across integrated and cross-disciplines, promote innovation in teaching, learning and research, and cross-pollinate new ideas, new technologies and new world-views. It aims to create an ignited workforce responsive to regional, national and global needs in tune with the requirements of academia, industry and business. The university is resorting to e-governance through Samarth Project. The staff members have been trained in twenty-one administrative modules for reducing the response time and bringing transparency in the decision making process and also to ensure participatory model of governance.
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor on purely temporary & contract basis for a period of one semester (upto dispersal of classes) or till the posts are filled up on regular basis, whichever is earlier.
Department / School : Pharmaceutical Sciences & Natural Products
Specialization / Subject : Pharmacognosy / Pharmaceutical Chemistry*
No. of Post : 01-UR
Department / School : School of Languages, Literature & Culture
Specialization / Subject : FRENCH
No. of Post : 01-UR
Emoluments : Consolidated emoluments Rs. 64,500/- per month
Qualifications and Experience
1. For Pharmaceutical Science: The qualification and experience required for teaching posts will be as per “UGC (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION) Regulations, 2010 and various amendments there to from time to time
2. For French: The qualification and experience required for teaching posts will be as per “UGC REGULATIONS ON MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION, 2018 and its amendments from time- to-time
* Preference shall be given to candidates having Pharmacognosy specialization.
Documents required at the time of interview
Candidates are required to bring the following original documents and one set of self-attested photocopies of:
a) Printed copy of the online application form (It can be downloaded/printed by logging in to cuprec.samarth.edu.in/)
b) Original certificates of educational / Professional qualifications/Ph.D./NET/Publications (Certificate/Degree + Marks sheets, Publications etc.) and original experience certificates indicating your designation and period of service along with a self attested photocopy of the same.
c) Copies of the testimonials/recommendation letters from previous/present employer(s), if any. d) All your publications f) Original caste certificate in case of Reserved Categories
g) Certificate of the last pay drawn.
h) No Objection Certificate from the present employer is mandatory if you have not applied through proper channel or you have changed your employer.
i) Two passport size photographs.
j) AADHAR Card.
k) Any other documents required to be eligible for the said post. Candidates are required to make a 10 minutes PPT presentation in English/Hindi on your selected knowledge domain and the contributions you are likely to make to this university if you are selected for the position.
General Instructions and Essential Information
1. Applicants are required to apply online (through recruitment portal: cuprec.samarth.edu.in/). The application fee of Rs. 100/- (for candidates other than SC/ST/PWD/Women) should be deposited while filling the online application form on/before 04.12.2022 upto 5 p.m.
2. The interview will be conducted at Central University of Punjab, Badal-Bathinda road, V.P.O.- Ghudda, District-Bathinda.
3. Any type of corrigendum/addendum/amendments/notice/updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University websites www.cup.edu.in only. Further, the university will not send any further information/call letters by post/newspapers. CUPB will not be responsible for invalid/wrong email ID and Mobile No. mentioned by the candidates. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the candidate to regularly check CUPB website: cup.edu.in for updates.
4. The reservations/relaxations to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD/EWS candidates will be provided as per the existing Govt. of India/UGC rules. The SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD/EWS candidates must upload the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC certificate (Non Creamy Layer) and EWS certificate should be issued on or after 01.04.2022. If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application shall be rejected.
5. Any candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD, who wish to apply for any unreserved post, will not be given any relaxation.
6. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an offer letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
7. Separate application (along with separate application fee) should be filled for each post applied for.
8. The University may/may not draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
9. Applicants are required to show the original documents at the time of joining.
10. Duties timing may be staggered and as decided by the university.
11. The university reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement or increase/decrease the number of post at any time without assigning any reason.
12. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the vacancies. The decision of Competent Authority of the university in this regard shall be final.
13. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
14. Upper age limit, qualification and experience etc. will be counted as on the date of Interview.
15. The candidates having experience of working in Central/State Government universities will be preferred.
16. The candidates will not have any claim on regular position/absorption.
17. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
18. Incomplete applications or without uploading of relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree/certificates /marks sheets/experience certificate, etc.) will be out-rightly rejected.
19. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only.
20. Suppression of factual information, supply of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or any other undesirable action by the candidate shall lead to cancellation of his /her candidature. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future even after engagement that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed qualification, experience etc. which could not be detected at the time of written test/ interview due to whatever circumstances, his/her engagement shall be liable to be terminated forthwith as per this clause and also based on his/her undertaking.
21. The University will get verified all the certificates in support of qualification, experience etc. submitted by candidates, from the issuing authority. If any document is found to be false/ fake/ incorrect/ malafide at any stage of verification before or after engagement, the document in question shall be summarily rejected which shall lead to termination of his/her appointment, if already engaged and action may be initiated against the candidate for this misconduct as per rules.
Last date to apply online and link thereof : 04.12.2022 (upto 5 PM)
Date, Time and Venue of Interview : 05.12.2022 (10.00 AM onwards)
Conference Room, VC Office, Aryabhata Academic Block, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, Village Ghudda, Distt. Bathinda (Punjab
Note : No separate call letters will be sent for interview. Candidates who have filled the online form by last date (i.e. 04.12.2022 (upto 5 PM) have to attend the interview at designated venue and date/time. Eligibility will be decided at the time of interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database