Work as Senior Manager Medical Advisor at Abbott
Abbott India Limited is a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories, USA, a global, iversified health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, nutritional and hospital products. The company now employs approximately 70,000 people and markets its products in 130 countries worldwide.
Post : Senior Manager Medical Advisor
Primary Job Function:
Reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs/ Manager-Medical Affairs of Abbott India Limited, this position represents the affiliate's medical/scientific voice of expertise for assigned product(s) and relevant therapeutic areas. The position provides medical I scientific expert advice / guidance to key customers for assigned products and relevant therapeutic areas, including scientific exchange and professional relationship development with key opinion leaders. It provides medical / scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required, and medical / scientific support for medical department activities under the direction of the Head/ Manager of the affiliate medical affairs.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain in depth knowledge for assigned product(s) I relevant therapeutic area(s) through attendance/ participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/international literature.
• Provide expert medical/scientific advice for assigned products and related therapeutic areas, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information; contribute to the development and medical and scientific accuracy of core dossiers generated by the medical department (i.e. medical information packs, clinical expert reviews etc).
• Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key opinion leaders and academic centers; this will involve participating in scientific congresses, coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora etc.
• Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested.
• Screen relevant literature and other information from relevant scientific societies meetings and conferences and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company (e.g. key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.)
• Deliver training to sales forces and other departments; develop and update relevant training materials.
• Clinical Research Activities:
• Design and implement clinical research projects within defined standards and budgets (e.g. Phase IV, post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, and PMOS studies)
• Provide the required oversight to manage review, approval and conduct of IIS studies
• Support the affiliate Clinical Research Department in the management of clinical studies, as appropriate (e.g. review new clinical study protocols, identifying potential investigators/sites, conducting feasibility surveys).
• Review and preparation of promotional material. Ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with Abbott's internal policies and guidelines.
• Provide medical/scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence (e.g. product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc.) and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Abbott's policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
THERAPEUTIC AREA EXPERTISE
• Maintains an up-to-date scientific knowledge of assigned product(s) uses and key external data, develops core medical/scientific dossiers.
• Provides scientific support for, and helps maintain professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders and academic centers to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on the assigned products and areas of therapeutic responsibility.
• Supports sales/marketing/internal Area teams to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations, and periodic training as required.
• Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
• Able to plan, prioritize and delegate tasks to project team as needed to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Maintain and operate within budget.
• Capable of analyzing and investigating issues and problem solving.
• Effectively practices listening skills before responding to issues.
• Effectively writes, presents and communicates information to internal and external clients, including divisional management.
• Effective negotiation skills.
COMPLIANCE & PROCESS IMPROVEMENT SKILLS
• Demonstrates good judgment on compliance issues.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Abbott's policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice
PROBLEM / CONFLICT SOLVING
• Able to analyze situations and conflicts without pre-judgments and assumptions
• Listens carefully and with an open mind
• Provides direct, complete, corrective and actionable feedback
• Reads situations quickly
• Prioritizes activities and projects, in order to better spend own time and others for what would provide
• The optimum return to the organization.
• Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal
• Eliminates roadblocks
• Medical Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or higher.
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical industry and general knowledge on drug development and clinical research an advantage
• Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
• High customer orientation
• Excellent skills to set stake-holders relationship, networking, tact and diplomacy
• Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity
• A good understanding of written English
• Willingness to travel.
Qualification : B.Sc, M.Sc
Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Industry Type : Pharma
Division : Medical and Clinical Affairs
End Date : 25th December, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database