ICGEB invites applications for the post of Research Associate
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), established in 1983, is an international, intergovernmental organisation conceived as a Centre of excellence for research, training and technology transfer to industry in the field of biotechnology to promote sustainable global development. The Centre conducts innovative research in life sciences and strengthens the research capability of its over 60 Member States through training, funding programs and advisory services. Located in Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India) and Cape Town (South Africa), and in collaboration with over 40 Affiliated Centres worldwide, the three ICGEB Components provide a scientific and educational environment of the highest international standards.
Post : Research Associate
Duty Station: Trieste, Italy
Date Required: 15 January 2019
Type Of Contract: Project appointment funded by the external fund project FVG/18/011
Duration: initial period of three months with further extensions of one year subject
to performance and project duration.
Level: G4 (UN Salary scales)
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head, Biotechnology Development Unit (BDU), the incumbent will take responsibility for research and development activities involved in the different projects managed by the Unit, with special attention to the development of technologies for the production of biosimilars. In addition, she/he will provide key support in the implementation of a major project related to the upgrading of the current BDU facilities. In particular, she/he will:
1. Contribute to the development of technologies and protocols for the production of the monoclonal antibodies (Mabs) biosimilars.
2. Support in the set-up and operationalization of a mammalian cell line development facility for the production of Mabs biosimilars.
3. Support in the set-up and operationalization of a facility comprising a GLP laboratory for the Quality Control (QC) of biosimilars and a GMP cell banking facility.
4. Contribute to the development and performance of QC testing to show biosimilarity of Mabs.
5. Implement a Quality System in the Unit as per GLP/GMP standards.
6. Update current laboratory procedures (Standard Operating Procedures or SOPs) to meet GLP/GMP requirements.
7. Participate in the transfer of the know-how to the industrial partners and in the training of personnel from pharmaceutical companies.
8. Perform other work related duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or related fields. A minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience of which 5 year acquired preferably at the international level and at least 2 years in an industrial environment.
• Extensive experience in research and development activities in the production,purification and QC of recombinant proteins of pharmaceutical interest with the special attention to the Mabs.
• Experience in polymer-protein conjugation technologies.
• Experience with GLP/GMP quality systems.
• Previous working experience in a biotech industry will be considered as an asset.
• Experience in training and know-how transfer.
• Experience at international level and in scientific cooperation.
• Good interpersonal skills and motivation to work in team.
• Ability to work under pressure and result orientation.
LANGUAGES: English and Italian essential, knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 18 November 2018
Candidates should submit their full CV by completing the ICGEBʼs Personal History Form available online, together with a cover letter outlining motivation for application and full contact details of three referees.
Applications should be addressed via email to HR & Personnel Unit, email@example.com, quoting reference PU/TS/06-18
See All Other Jobs in our Database