The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The center is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts purely on temporary basis on its “Manav - Human Atlas Initiative" project.
Post : Senior Domain Expert - (02 post)
Serial No : 02
Principal Investigator: Dr. Gopal C. Kundu
Project Tenure - 2 year 10 months
Upper Age limit : 45 Years
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 1,00,000-(Fixed)
Essential Qualification & Experience: 1st Class MTech/MD/MVSc/MPharm/MBiotech or Ph.D in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with original work as evidenced by patents or publications.
Evidence of leadership with about 8 years’ experience in R & D. He/She would have desirable experience in the field of Bioinformatics/Systems Biology/Structural Biology/Computational Biology/Genetics /Epigenetics/ Neurobiology. He/She is expected to have expertise in integrative analysis and predictive modeling. He/She should have experience with data analysis and data visualization using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, D3, Python and R.
• They will also set timelines and milestones for the progress of the project at each level.
• He/She will be responsible for devising formalism for integrating, storing and representing the huge amount and variety of data annotated during the project, and identifying ways in which these data be used for deriving insights in collaboration with other senior domain experts from human physiology, pathology and healthcare.
• He/She will work closely with other research scientists and contribute in designing the framework " for effective capturing of data from literature and databases, in a structured manner. They will also design training content for students, identify suitable modes of annotation, storage, retrieval and visualization of data and end results.
• Key responsibilities are to acquire and compile data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems, devising, customizing and applying models and algorithms to integrate the big data using latest technologies, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality, analyzing the data to identify and interpret patterns and trends in the scientific data sets.
• He/She will be involved in requirement gathering and deliver appropriate standard, and analytic reporting solutions to support the decision-making needs of the Manav platform.
• He/She will help in devising an automated monitoring system of literature distribution and accumulation. The job also expects them to have ability to demonstrate complex information from large data set across multiple sources and translate them into meaningful visualizations. They will be responsible for making large complex data more accessible, understandable and usable and building automatic solutions which can replace manual reports with automatic dashboards using visual best practices.
• They will analyze and visualize large sets of scientific data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner and translate them into value added decisions and actions so that team can make better data driven decisions.
• Additionally, his/her responsibility will be guiding the team for high quality exhaustive visualization dashboards with all charts and exploration to know all the activities and user performance and track all the major actions, deadlines and reminders to all users.
• They will work closely with other computer data scientists to provide requirements to improve data analytics, performance and usability.
• He/ She will be in charge of bringing together information keeping the cell/ molecular biology and physiology perspective to bear on the design of the annotation tool as well as work with other senior domain experts to establish a rigorous modality for the selection of papers and the evaluation of the annotated literature.
• This person will also contribute to helping design how the annotated information will be brought together to generate eventual data networks and how this data is also visualized.
• They will also be involved in using these data networks to identify areas of relevance in understanding cellular behavior and crosstalk.
• This person will hence be responsible for determining strategy for this area and integrating the same with other areas represented.
For More Info Go Next Page...
Important Guidelines & Instructions
1. Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of all relevant certificates showing date of birth, educational qualifications, work experience, details of the exam passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), caste certificate, if any and other relevant documents should reach "The Director, National Centre For Cell Science (NCCS), S. P. Pune University Campus, Post: Ganeshkhind, Pune - 411 007, Maharashtra, India on or before 28.05.2019.
2. List of shortlisted candidates called for interview, date and time of interview & other relevant information will be published only on our institute website on or before 05.06.2019.
3. The interviews are scheduled in the last week of June, 2019
4. Applications received after the due date/due to postal delay and/or without the copies of the required certificates/documents will not be considered. Applications which are incomplete and/or not in the prescribed format will be strictly rejected.
5. The Director, NCCS reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process, if required, due to unforeseen circumstances.
6. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
7. The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
8. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
9. 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates i.e. minimum of 50 % marks.
10. The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
11. Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority. Fellowship/Emoluments for the advertised project positions engaged under project will be made in accordance with the project sanctioned orders issued by funding agency.
12. Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
13. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview.
14. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post. The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
15. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of appointment
• Please bring all the original certificates showing date of birth, qualification, statement of marks of the exam passed, degree certificates, certificate of past experience, certificate in support of present employment, salary certificate & other relevant documents along with a set of attested copies at the time of interview.
• Lower positions will be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions, meeting the essential qualification.
Last Date : 28-05-2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database