Recruitment for Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor at Central University of Punjab | 21 posts
i. Applicants for the posts of Professors and Associate Professor are required to fill the A/R Score (API) form strictly in the format provided in UGC Regulations-2018 at Table 2 of Appendix II.
ii. Applicants for the posts of Assistant Professor to fill the shortlisting criteria strictly in the format provided in UGC Regulations- 2018 at Table 3A of Appendix II.
iii. Kindly note that in addition to the soft copy/online application, hard copy of online applications with enclosures duly signed by the candidate is also required to be delivered before the last date & time.
1. The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the University shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committees.
2. The candidates from Non-Government organizations are required to submit form-16 for claiming their monthly emoluments in support of their claimed experience.
3. As per act, statutes and rules of the university, the appointing authority for all regular teaching posts is Executive Council of the University.
4. All appointments made shall be provisional and subject to verification of certificates through proper channels. The University shall verify the documents and antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found at any point of time that any documents / information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information, the services of the selected candidate shall be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Panel Code for production of false certificates.
5. If any suitable PWD candidate(s) is found against any post (if eligible otherwise), the university, may consider to give preference to such candidates in order to give prescribed quota to PWD category candidates, irrespective of fact that the post was not earmarked for PWD candidates in the advertisement.
6. Any type of corrigendum/addendum/amendments/notice/updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University websites cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in only. Further, the university will not send any further information/call letters by post/newspapers. CUPB will not be responsible for invalid/wrong email ID and Mobile No. mentioned by the candidates. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the candidate to mention correct contact details and regularly check their e-mail, SMS and CUPB websites: cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in for updates.
7. Mere fulfilling eligibility conditions will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview. Stringent criteria will be applied for short-listing the candidates. The University reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview.
8. This advertisement contains department wise vacant positions. However, each department may require a particular specialization, therefore, the university reserves the right to shortlist/select candidates as per requirement of specialization/research area.
9. Under the term 'good academic record' the candidate must have obtained at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's degree level, or an equivalent degree from an Indian/Foreign University; and at least 50% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Bachelor's degree level or an equivalent degree from an Indian/Foreign University.
10. Medium of instructions for teaching is English, except in Department of Hindi and Department of Punjabi.
11. Candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. from foreign Universities should enclose "Equivalence Certificate", issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, without which their candidature will not be considered and application will be rejected. However, the persons who have acquired Ph.D. degree from Foreign University through nomination by MHRD's foreign scholarship programme will be exempted from the Equivalency Certificate.
12. All the qualifications and experience will be counted up to the last date of online applications. Any additional qualification and experience acquired after the closing date will not be taken into account at the time of screening/selection.
13. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the post and the decision of the university in this regard will be final.
14. The University may increase or decrease number of advertised posts without prior notice.
15. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
16. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
17. Higher initial pay may be considered for exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates if recommended by the selection committee.
18. Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
19. The reservations/relaxations to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates will be provided as per the existing Govt. of India/UGC rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates must upload and attach the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC certificate (Non Creamy Layer) and EWS certificate should be issued on or after 01.04.2019. If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application shall be rejected.
20. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any unreserved post also besides the posts under
reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for unreserved posts and reserved posts.
21. Any candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, who wish to apply for any unreserved post, will not be given any relaxation of marks (10th/12th/Degrees/Diploma/NET etc.) and age etc.
22. In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwD category, the applicant's relevant disability should not be less than 40 per
cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded/attached with the application.
23. The process of selection may be by a presentation/ seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
24. All candidates are required to deposit Application fee on the online portal @ Rs. 750/- for each post, they apply. However, The SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from application fee.
25. The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Applications, received late, incomplete or without signature, fee and other enclosures, may be summarily rejected.
26. It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the prescribed qualification, experience etc. In case the candidate who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still apply will do so at their own risk and cost. Please note that the university is not responsible for incorrect entries and fee once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
27. The University will not send any information by post. CUPB will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID mentioned by the candidates or for delay/ non receipt of information related to call letter for document verification/interview etc. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide correct email ID & Mobile No. and regularly check email, SMS and website: cup.ac.in: cup.edu.in from time to time.
28. Separate application (along with application fee) should be filled online for each post applied for.
29. Any change of address from the one given in the application form should be immediately communicated to the university.
30. The applicants are advised to list their proposed, ongoing and completed research projects and write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue.
31. No candidate will be considered beyond the age of 64 years for regular appointment.
32. The salary of retired/superannuated persons, if selected, will be fixed as per UGC letter No. F.71-6/2012(CU) Dated 03.04.2013 i.e. after deducing pension from last pay drawn.
33. The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations submit their application through proper channel. However to avoid delay they may send the advance copy. The candidate who do not apply through proper channel must submit NOC from their employer at time of Interview, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
34. In case of in-service candidates from private sector, relieving letter from the employer at the time of joining must be submitted.
35. The age of the superannuation for all the posts is as per UGC norms.
36. The university employees are covered under "National Pension System" (earlier known as 'New Pension Scheme') introduced by the Government of India. Those who are appointed on deputation, payment of both leave salary and pension contribution will be as per rules.
37. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in interview.
38. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
39. The University reserves the right to place the curriculum vitae of any person for any post for the consideration of selection committee; to consider "in-absentia" or interview through "Video Conferencing".
40. After the interview in case of selections the appointment will be provisional and is subject to the community certificate being verified through the proper channels. If the verification reveals that the claim of the candidate to belong to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer)/PWD/EWS is false, his/her services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Penal Code for production of false certificate.
41. The University will get verified all the certificates in support of qualification, experience etc. submitted by candidates, from the issuing authority. If any document is found to be false/ fake/ incorrect/ malafide at any stage of verification before or after appointment, the document in question shall be summarily rejected and action may be initiated against the candidate for this misconduct including rejection of his/her candidature which shall lead to termination of his/her appointment, if already appointed.
42. The appointment of a fresh candidate will be subject to police verification. In case, the report of the police with regard to his/her conduct, character, antecedent etc. is not found to be satisfactory, the provisional appointment shall be withdrawn/cancelled/terminated forthwith without notice.
43. The University may/may not draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
44. The candidate shall attend the interview at the designated place and time at his/her own expenses. However, the outstation candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ PwD categories shall be reimbursed to and fro rail fare (sleeper class) for self only for attending interview. In case any station is not connected by rail, ordinary bus fare (shortest route) shall be paid on production of ticket. However, fare for first 30 KM of the journey shall not be reimbursed. The above mentioned concessions shall not be admissible to those SC/ ST/ PwD candidates who are already in Central/ State Government Service/ or holding any other employment.
45. The university may transfer to any employees to any of its campuses/constituent colleges.
46. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only.
47. Applicants are required to send the duly signed printout of the online application form along with all the Qualification/ Experience/ Caste certificate/ proof of claim/NOC at the following address:
Incharge, Recruitment Cell,
Central University of Punjab, City Campus,
Mansa Road, Bathinda-151001, India
Last date for submission of online application form is 25.06.2019 by 23:59 Hours.
The printout of the online applications form along with supporting documents must be submitted by 02.07.2019 by 17:00 Hours.
See All Other Jobs in our Database