Recruitment for Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc as Domain Expert (03 posts) at National Centre for Cell Science | Government Jobs
The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The center is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts purely on temporary basis on its “Manav - Human Atlas Initiative" project.
Post : Domain Expert - (03 post)
Serial No : 03
Principal Investigator: Dr. Gopal C. Kundu
Project Tenure - 2 year 10 months
Upper Age limit : 35 Years
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 75,000-(Fixed)
Essential Qualification & Experience: 1st Class MTech/MD/MVSc/MPharm/MBiotech with 3 years’ experience in relevant field or Ph.D in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with about 1 year of research experience in relevant field.
He/She would have desirable experience working in the area of Bioinformatics / Programmer / Biochemistry / Structural Biology / Biophysics / Genetics / Epigenetics / Neurobiology. Should have good experience in tools/programmes like Perl, Python, R and Linux
• They will be responsible for developing domain intensive programs required at the interface of domain and software platform and coordinate with domain analysts and ensure their timely task delivery.
• They along with senior domain experts will also work with the communication and outreach team to provide input on the design of teaching modules that will eventually be used to communicate this platform to teachers and students.
• They will also contribute to these teaching workshops as needed and they will help assimilate the necessary information for the design of the annotation tool and contribute to these teaching workshops as needed.
• They will work to create the rigorous modality needed for selection of papers and evaluation of the annotated literature and will contribute to selecting papers that will be used for annotation.
• They are expected to interface with the annotation and software development team to ensure smooth integration of the scientific and data requirements of the project.
• They will also be required to train and coordinate the work of domain analysts to ensure that quality and performance are both maintained in selection and annotation of papers.
• They will also work with the communication and outreach team to comment on the design of teaching modules that will eventually be used to communicate this platform to teachers and students. They will share the requirements and suggest enhancements if any to the Manav platform development team to ensure that the quality requirements of the scientific team are met.
• In particular, he/she will be responsible for implementing the formalism for integrative analysis and predictive modelling by various existing tools as well as to work towards to developing in- house programs for achieving this goal. Moreover, he/she will communicate with other domain expert teams and computer data scientist teams to work collaboratively.
For More Info Go Next Page...