INSPIRE Faculty Award Scheme at Punjab University
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, has launched the “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” program in 2008. The program aims to attract talent for study of science and careers with research. INSPIRE includes many components. The importance of Assured Career Opportunity in R&D sector has been recognized. INSPIRE Faculty Scheme opens up an “Assured Opportunity for Research Career (AORC)” for young researchers in the age group of 27-32 years. It offers a contractual research awards to young achievers and opportunity for independent research in the near term and emerge as a future leader in the long term.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Scheme opens up on “Assured Opportunity for Research Career (AORC)” for young researchers.
* To provide attractive opportunities to young achievers for developing independent scientific profiles and launch them in fulfilling long term careers.
* Expected to augment high quality scientific manpower for scientific and educational institutions, specially the Central and State universities.
* While the vertical migration among students in different INSPIRE components would be encouraged, the Scheme would also provide opportunity to students for lateral entry into this component.
* This component would provide a career opportunity and not a guarantee for tenure positions after 5 years.
* Indian citizens and people of Indian origin including NRI/PIO status with PhD (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine, and agriculture related subjects) from any recognized university in the world,
* Those who have submitted their PhD Theses and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible. However, the award will be conveyed only after confirmation of the awarding the PhD degree.
* The upper age limit as on 1st January or 1st July of that Year of Advertisement should be 32 years for considering support for a period of 5 years. However, for SC and ST candidates upper age limit will be 35 years.
* Publication(s) in highly reputed Journals demonstrating research potential of the candidate.
* Candidates who are employed (in any form i.e. permanent, contractual) with any organization within India are not eligible to apply.
Candidates who are within top 1% at the School Leaving Examination, IIT-JEE rank, 1st Rank Holder either in graduation or post-graduation level university examination (which are used presently for identifying INSPIRE Scholars at under-graduate level and INSPIRE Fellows for doctoral degree)
- Three routes i.e. Direct, Nomination and Institution mode are available for applying by the eligible candidates,
- Candidates, who intend to apply in Direct or Nomination Mode, may apply online only. Application Formats with detailed guidelines are available at the websites: www.inspiredst. gov.in for information. To apply ONLINE, please visit the website: onlineinspire.gov.in and follow the process prescribed therein. After successful submission through ONLINE, the candidate must obtain a print of the application thus submitted.
- Under `Institutions Mode’, candidates may directly approach reputed academic institutes and the host academic Institute shall be required to adopt their own internal process and mechanism as available at the website: inspire-dst.gov.in.
- Nominations from academic institutions or Industry R&D through Vice-Chancellors/ Directors of Institutions/ Head of Institutions/ Presidents and Fellows of Science Academies or Eminent Scientists from India and Abroad based on personal knowledge. Nominations to be sent to Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi.
- Eligible candidate who wishes to be considered in “Direct” and “Nominated” route, may also send applications directly to Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi for consideration.
For More Info Go to Next Page...