Applications are invited for Project Assistant/ Fellow at IISER
IISER Tirupati is the sixth Institute in the chain of IISERs established by the Govt. of India under the Ministry of HRD for imparting quality education in basic sciences and for setting up state-of-the-art research facilities for frontline and cutting-edge research in science. It started academic activity started in August 2015 in the spacious transit campus located at Sri Rama Engineering College, Rami Reddy Nagar, Karkambadi Road, Tirupati.
Post : Project Assistant/ Fellow
Name of the Project : “Metallaphotoredox Catalyzed Remote (β & γ) C(sp3)-H Trifluromethylation & Acylation of Carboxamides”
Project Code : 30218038
Minimum Educational Qualifications & Experience
M.Sc in Chemistry / Pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or Equivalent grade.
• Candidates having a valid CSIR/UGC-JRF/NET or GATE score card.
• Candidates having experience in Synthetic Chemistry/Organic Syntheis/Catalysis.
Tenure of the appointment : The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
• Candidates who have qualified any of the national level test like CSIR/UGC – JRF/NET or GATE etc. with a valid score card are eligible for remuneration of Rs. 31,000/- + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated).
• Others will be eligible for Rs. 16,000/- + 8% HRA per month based on their academic qualification.
• Appropriate increment in fellowship will be provided after completion of 2 years as per DST-SERB guidelines..
Age : Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
How to Apply: -
1. Applicants should send their application by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (converted into PDF) on or before the last date i.e 5.00 P.M. on 7th April, 2019. No other application form will be accepted Note: (Sending only resumes/CV by email will not be considered as complete application).
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email/call letter (Tentative Interview date: 16th April, 2019 at 9.30 A.M. at IISER Tirupati).
3. At the time of interview: The print out of the application form with recent passport size photo along with the photocopies of relevant documents (Qualifications, experience, other testimonials) would be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
9. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
10. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Last date : 5.00 P.M. on 7th April, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database