Job for B.Pharm in Research and Development Lead at GSK
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GSK Rx India) is one of the oldest pharmaceuticals company and employs over 5000+ people. Globally, we are a £ 27.4 billion, leading, research-based healthcare and pharmaceutical company. In India, we are one of the market leaders. At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. This mission drives us to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people with our commitment to effective healthcare solutions.
Post : India R&D Lead
The India R&D Lead will provide leadership and oversight for the GSKCH India R&D team based on 3 sites. All R&D functions, including Product development, Product Optimisation, CMC, SERM and external innovation will report into the Lead and the incumbent will ensure compliant operations to drive R&D initiatives in India and lead interaction with support functions such as finance and human resources whilst overseeing the management of R&D India facilities.
• Be the inspirational leader for the R&D team in India.
• Lead the R&D India organisation of ~200 individuals though an operational leadership team of 8 direct reports. Assume accountability for the delivery of the performance management process
• Ensure that the objectives for the R&D India team are developed and delivered in alignment with the strategy and delivery needs of the CH R&D organisation.
• Provide oversight and support as needed for all technical activities related to the execution and delivery of the pipeline created by the categories.
• Ensure the R&D India team structure is continually reviewed with appropriate metrics to ensure efficiency, capability and delivery.
• Ensure suitable personal and professional development is provided for the R&D India team. Be responsible for recruitment and retention of talent in the team.
• Ensure that global technical standards, practices and procedures are followed for product development and that delivery is in line with business, technical and regulatory requirements.
• Oversee the R&D India sites and assume responsibility for the assembly of capital investment requests and subsequent delivery to time and budget.
• Ensure compliance of operations with corporate standards and local legal requirements including but not limited to administration of legal contracts; governance of HCP’s; risk registration and escalation; implementation of GSK EHS policies & procedures, implementation of Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption (ABAC) policies & procedures, import / export legislation and pharmaceutical GMP requirements.
Bachelors in Science, Pharmacy or a related field A minimum of 15 years in Consumer Healthcare or related field with clearly demonstrated ability to manage, lead and inspire R&D teams based on multiple sites. Masters and/or Ph.D
Experience: Min. 15 years
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
End Date: 15th April, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database