Career for Pharmacist at U.S. Air Force
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Post : Pharmacist
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19. The primary purpose of this position is to Participate in programs designed to improve staff and patient knowledge of drugs pertinent to practice and/or care of patients. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations governing receiving, safeguarding, and issuing controlled drugs.
• Assure preparedness to meet the needs of the clinic and community in the event of a local or national disaster
• Establish procedures, schedules workload, and integrates the work of the Refill Pharmacy with overall pharmacy program
• Review complex pharmaceutical treatment plans/programs and develops/issues treatment guidelines, instructions and procedures establishing technical and administrative pharmaceutical care requirements.
• Deliver pharmaceutical care to patients implements and coordinates the provision of patient pharmaceutical care services and programs; Provides distributive services and pharmaceutical support to health care professionals within the Medical Group
Conditions of Employment
• Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
• U.S. Citizenship is required Males
• must be registered for Selective Service, see sss.gov
• Total salary varies depending on location of position
• PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
• Recruitment incentives may be authorized
• Position may be subject to random drug testing
• Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
• Employee must maintain current certifications A security clearance may be required
• Disclosure of Political Appointments
• Per National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of fiscal year 2017, Section 111 modifies 5 United States Code (USC) 3326; Veterans who are retiring within 180 days of appointment effective date may require a 180 day waiver package.
• This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program.
• May be required to serve a probationary period.
Employees currently assigned to positions in this occupational series as of September 2017 will be considered to have met the basic requirements for the position occupied.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
FOR GS-09 : At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-07) or equivalent. Specialized experience includes independently developing and preparing special formulas for prescription-dispensing; independently carrying out clinical pharmacy functions of drug selection, compounding and dispensing which, involve a relatively varied range of therapeutic agents.
FOR GS-11 : At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent. Specialized experience includes the responsibility for the development of special formulas, extemporaneous compounding?s and special preparations; provide authoritative advice to other pharmacists and to the medical staff on any aspects of such special preparations; serve as the authoritative consultant and advisor on known and potential effects concerning the use of new drugs, those drugs in an investigational and/or clinical evaluation status, or other drugs which do not yet have approval for general use.
FOR GS-12 : At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent. Specialized experience includes responsibility for a total pharmacy operation involving technical and administrative problems of considerably greater scope and complexity.
FOR GS-13 : At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent. Specialized experience includes responsibility for a total pharmacy operation involving technical and administrative problems of considerably greater scope and complexity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Knowledge of medical center and pharmacy mission, policies, organizational structure, operations, methods and procedures; related clinical services, and pharmacy operations; concerned with drug formularies, drug and prescription ordering processes and methods, dispensing operations, drug therapies, medication regimens, and relationship with patient care.
2. Knowledge of drug order and prescription order principles including generic/brand drug names, Latin abbreviations, legal requirements, and therapeutic classification of drugs and patient eligibility.
3. Knowledge of pharmacy manufacturing procedures, procurement procedures, prepackaging programs, storage and restocking procedures for drugs dispensed by the pharmacy; and of pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and pharmacotherapeutics.
4. Knowledge of professional standards defined by The Joint Commission (TJC), American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA), and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
5. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
6. Ability to work with information systems and automated and technical equipment, such as Composite Health Care System (CHCS), PharmASSIST, automated dispensing machines, Internet, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Electronic Clinical References (Micromedex/Lexi-Comp)
7. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization; to provide a high degree of consultant services as a clinical pharmacist; and to serve as a preceptor.
1) Elmendorf AFB, AK
2) Maxwell AFB, AL
3) Davis Monthan AFB, AZ
4) Luke AFB, AZ
Salary : $45,627 to $102,288 per year
Last Date : 12/31/2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database