MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Post : Manager-Medical affairs-MED003827
• Medical Scientific Liaisons are scientifically trained and credentialed therapeutic area, disease, and product experts who engage in non-promotional scientific exchange with SLs or KDMs (Scientific Leaders or Key Decision Makers). MSL interactions with SLs and KDMs are built on the credibility of the scientific exchange held. MSLs develop and execute on action plans aligned with the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA/OGMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities, local and global company policies, local rules & regulations, and the Medical Affairs Plan (MAP).
• The MSL is responsible for ensuring that he/she is fully versed in the therapeutic area and up-to-date on all major studies, both ongoing and completed, product information on MSD’s and other companies’ relevant therapies, clinical data and relevant pipeline data to provide the most balanced data to SLs, KDMS and the healthcare community to improve patient care.
• The MSL is a field-based medical professional whose primary responsibility is to engage in non-promotional peer-to-peer communication & provide medical/scientific information to SLs and KDMs based on cutting-edge scientific exchange and services oriented towards the stakeholder’s professional interests & needs.
Engagement with External Experts
• Engaging in non-promotional peer-to-peer exchange of medical and scientific information with SLs or KDMs to the extent permitted by law and local regulation, local industry codes, and other provisions of the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA/OGMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities.
• Gaining deep insights on disease, therapeutic area and healthcare needs, data gaps and challenges in their local geography.
• Representing MA (Medical Affairs) at local or regional non-promotional Medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia) They may collaborate in the coordination of pre-event scientific information and post-event scientific summaries.
• Responding to unsolicited requests for medical, scientific, pipeline or marketed product information or indications from SLs or KDMs utilizing appropriate approved scientific materials.
• Responding (one-to-one) to unsolicited requests for information on company research and/or grant activities by directing SLs or KDMs to appropriate company resources for grants, sponsored clinical trial involvement, Merck Investigator Study Program (MISP), and outcomes research.
• On a reactive basis, can share the publically available AOIs with SLs and direct them to the website for further information.
• Participating in Scientific Advisory Board Meetings or Expert Input Forums when there is a defined role.
• Providing medical/scientific support, including written documentation and/or verbal interactions for Health Technology Assessments (HTA) and formulary decisions. Such support is provided following the principles of scientific exchange as outlined in the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA/OGMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities.
• Participating in the development of Medical Affairs Plans (MAP) and implementation of activities identified in the MAP.
• At Global Clinical Trials Organization (GCTO), GDSA, or Center for Observational and Real World Research (CORE) personnel request, supporting the identification of potential study investigators for sponsored study
• Providing insights internally on the scientific gaps, ideas and other topics gathered from scientific exchange to inform MISP Areas of Interest, development programs, and company TA strategy.
• Supporting company commercial colleagues by providing on-label or disease state scientific training to Merck personnel in the therapeutic area when requested and where allowed.
• Advanced scientific degree is strongly preferred, such as MD (or equivalent MB.Ch.B.),
• PharmD, or PhD in a life science, preferably with clinical knowledge of assigned therapeutic
• area.At minimum, college education degree in pharmacy.
• Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred. Experience in assigned therapeutic area is highly preferred.
• Strong scientific baseline knowledge in assigned therapeutic area(s), clinical trial methods, implementation and data interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and eagerness to continue to learn more in depth about a specific therapeutic area
• Ability to present scientific and other technical information with confidence, in a way that engenders trust and credibility.
• Excellent communication skills across a variety of internal and external audiences including listening skills and probing skills,
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to function within a team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and work under pressure.
Qualification : MD, Pharm.D, or Ph.D
Experience : 2 years
Location : Delhi City
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Medical affairs
End Date : 10th July, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database