Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI) is the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP). PMBI was established in December, 2008 under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India. The Bureau has been registered as an independent society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a separate independent legal entity in April, 2010. PMBI follows the provisions of GFR. 2017 as amended from time to time, the CVC guidelines, and instructions from the Department of Pharmaceuticals.
Post : Technical Consultant (Medical Devices)
Pharma Bureau under Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India invites applications from eligible candidates on contract basis on the following post.
EDUCATION : ESSENTIAL. A BACHELOR DEGREE IN BIO–MEDICAL ENGINEERING FROM ANY RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY-NATIONAL OR FOREIGN
DESIRABLE : PERSONS WITH HIGHER OR ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, RESEARCH EXPERIENCE, PUBLISHED PAPERS AND POST QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE IN THE RELEVANT FIELD WOULD BE PREFERRED
AGE : MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 40 YEARS AS ON 30.06.2023.
EXPERIENCE : 4 YEARS POST QUALIFICATION WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF MEDICAL DEVICES REGULATORY AFFAIRS / MEDICAL DEVICES PRICING / MEDICAL DEVICES PRODUCTION / MEDICAL DEVICES DATA ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF MEDICAL DEVICES AND RELATED SUBJECT.
ABILITIES : MUST HAVE IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF SECTORS OR SUB-SECTORS. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION AND WRITING SKILLS RESEARCH AND ANALYTICAL SKILLS. GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF WORKING IN MS OFFICE.
REMUNERATION : MONTHLY REMUNERATION OF RS. 80,000/- TO RS. 1,45,000/- WILL BE PAYBLE. THE ACTUAL REMUNERATION WILL BE DECIDED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE AFTER CONSULTATIONS WITH THE APPLICANTS CONSIDERING HIS/HER DOMAIN SPECIALIZATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE RELEVANT FIELD.
APPLICATION FEE : NIL.
JOB SUMMARY : THE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT WILL WORK IN PHARMA BUREAU IN STRENGTHENING THE MEDICAL DEVICE SECTOR TO POSITION INDIA AS A FAVOURABLE INVESTMENT AND MANUFACTURING DESTINATION. THE PERSON SHOULD ALSO BE VERY CREATIVE BY HAVING AN EXPERIENCE IN MEDICAL DEVICE OR COGNATE SECTOR AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO NEW BRING IDEAS FOR SECTORAL AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
WORK RESPONSIBILITY (JOB CONTENT) :
THE CONSULTANT [MEDICAL DEVICES] WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNDERTAKING THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
• REVIEW LITERATURE ON MEDICAL DEVICES TECHNOLOGIES/ SECTOR TO PREPARE HIGH- QUALITY RESEARCH MATERIAL, REPORTS AND BRIEFING NOTES.
• COLLECT, PREPARE AND MAINTAIN INFORMATION ON TECHNOLOGIES, INDUSTRY AND MANUFACTURERS INCLUDING EXISTING AND PROSPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS, INVESTORS ETC.
• SUPPORT THE DEPARTMENT IN IDENTIFICATION, ASSESSMENT AND UPTAKE OF MEDICAL DEVICE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS AS RELEVANT TO THE SECTOR.
• IDENTIFY AND RECOMMEND, SUCH MARKET RESEARCH AND SURVEYS AS RELEVANT TO GROWTH OF THE SECTOR.
• ANALYSIS OF DATA/MARKET RESEARCH ON TECHNOLOGY COSTS AND PRICING ETC.
• FORMULATING AND SUPPORTING IMPLEMENTATION OF TECHNOLOGY INTENSIVE HEALTHCARE VALUE CHAIN SYSTEMS.
• ASSIST THE DEPARTMENT WITH RELEVANT INFORMATION’S TO ENABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICY AND PROGRAMME IN KEEPING WITH NEW CHANGES IN TECHNOLOGICAL UPGRADES IN DESIGN, BASED ON NECESSARY ASSESSMENTS.
• UNDERTAKE PROGRESS MONITORING AND KNOWLEDGE GATHERING THROUGH FREQUENT INTERACTIONS WITH STAKEHOLDERS THROUGH STRUCTURED VISITS AND USE OF ONLINE PLATFORMS.
• PROVIDING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE DEPARTMENT, OTHER RELATED MINISTRIES & STATE GOVERNMENT IN TECHNOLOGY TRADE POLICY, TARIFF STRUCTURES AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFERS.
• UNDERTAKE OTHER ASSIGNMENTS, WHICH MAY BE ASSIGNED FROM TIME TO TIME.
General Terms & Conditions
1. TA/DA: The Individual Technical consultants may be required to undertake domestic tours subject to approval of competent authority and they will be allowed TA/ DA reimbursement at par admissible to Under Secretary to the Government of India.
2. Standards of Conduct: The Technical Consultants shall comply with all laws/ rules and regulations bearing upon the performance of their duties. Failure to comply with the same is grounds for termination of the services of the individual Technical Consultant.
3. Prohibition of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: In the performance of his duties, the individual Technical Consultants shall comply with the Sexual harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Any breach of the provisions thereof shall a ground for termination of his services. Any further action may also be recommended for appropriate legal action.
4. Medical Clearance and Services Incurred Death or Grievous Injury: The Department of Pharmaceuticals may require the Individual Technical Consultant to submit a Good Health Certificate from a registered Physician at the time of joining duties. In the event of death or grievous injury to the individual consultant during the course of his duties, compensation shall not be payable to the Individual Consultant or his/her dependents. It is desired that the Individual Technical Consultant take out and maintain adequate insurance required to meet their obligations from own responsibilities.
5. Other Terms & Conditions of the Contract
a) (i.) Candidates shall be hired on contractual basis for a given piece of work or for a fixed period, initially for 1year. This contract can be extended up to 5 years further may depending on the performance of the candidate or need of the Department.
(ii) The Technical Consultants shall be selected by a Selection Committee set up by the Department.
b) The Department of Pharmaceuticals can terminate the contract at any time without prior notice and without providing any reason therto. However, in the normal course it will provide one month’s notice to the Individual Technical Consultant. The Individual Technical Consultant can also seek for termination of the contract upon giving one month’s notice to the Department.
c) The Consultants shall perform the duties assigned to him. The competent authority reserves the rights to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/ additional allowance will be admissible in case of such assignment.
d) Consultants shall be eligible for 18 days leave during the period of one year on pro- rata basis besides the Gazetted holidays. However, un-availed leave shall not be carried forward, in case of extension beyond one year.
e) 'No work no pay' will be applicable during the period of contract, if more than prescribed leave will be taken.
f) Basic support like office space, furniture, stationery, computer, access to internet etc. will be provided where needed by the department so that assigned duties may be handled smoothly.
g) Selected Personnel hired as Technical Consultants will be offered appointment letters to get the assignment. They would be required to join within prescribed period as indicated in the appointment letter.
h) The Consultants shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Insurance, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to a Government Servant appointed on regular basis.
i) The Individual Technical Consultant would be subject to the provisions of the Indian Official Secrets Act, 1923. They shall not use the name, emblem, or official seal of the Department for any commercial purpose other than discharging assigned duties.
j) The Consultants will not be granted any claim or right or preference or regular appointment to any post in Government set up.
k) The consultants shall not be entitled to any TA for joining the appointment.
l) If any declaration given or information furnished by technical consultant proves to be false or if he/she is found to have willfully suppressed any material information, he/she will be liable for removal from such contract and such other as the Government may deem necessary.
m) The Hiring/contract will be subject to physical fitness and consultant is required to submit a certificate to this effect at the time of joining.
n) The Department has right to cancel advertisement, and not to proceed in the matter for engagement of Technical Consultants at any stage, accept or reject any or all applications, without giving any explanation, whatsoever.
Interested, eligible candidates can send their applications at email@example.com or can send their applications (Hard Copies) by post/courier to CEO, PMBI at E-1, 8th Floor, Videocon Tower, Jhandewalan Extn., New Delhi - 110055 up to 31.07.2023 (Till 05:00 PM).
See All Other Jobs in our Database