Work as Specialist Technical Service at Merck
Our businesses in U.S. and Canada operate as EMD Serono in Biopharma, MilliporeSigma in life science and EMD Performance Materials in the chemicals and high-tech materials business. Outside of the U.S. and Canada, we hold the rights to the name and the trademark “MERCK”. The businesses of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany are truly global, with 52,000 employees in 66 countries working on breakthrough solutions and technology.
Post : Specialist Technical Service - Bio Monitoring
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY : To answer the technical queries pertaining to Bio Monitoring which is assigned to SBS technical service
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Sales support/Technical support engineer manages on a daily basis product and application inquiries to support sales directly or indirectly and ensures these are treated with the level of reactivity according to the needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide scientific responses to the more complex Bio monitoring related questions and solutions to customers’ research problems by utilizing scientific knowledge and available resources, consulting with more experienced scientists when necessary.
• To maintain the image of Merck as a source of scientific information, to function as a leader in Life Science and High Technology, and to promote our obsession with service.
• Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions.
• Recommend products based on customer needs and research interests.
• Compliant Management- Act as a customer advocate and ensure that customer complaints are understood, recorded in the quality system and ensure a good advancement of the complaint process and a high quality analysis and customer response
• Document errors and information the responsible department for changes in company electronic and printed publications.
• Document all customer interactions and requests for new products.
• Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
• Recommend and participate in process improvement studies.
• Actively participate on intra- and inter-departmental teams as assigned.
• Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
• Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
• PhD, Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry or in other Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Analytics, Pharmacist; Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc
• 3-5 years in R&D/ Technical services of life science or chemical industry.
• Should have good knowledge in regulatory questions for sterility and bioburden testing within the major Pharmacopeias All: If possible to look for minimum level of PhD
• Previous work experience should be from a fast-paced, changing and growing organization either as
• Lab QC Microbiology, food & Beverage production or pharma Industry production
• Culture media / Sterility Testing / Filtration / Environmental Monitoring / Regulatory
• Lab, QA/QC, Life Science Specialist or R&D Lab technician.
• Technical support, Salesman of microbiology at competition (B-D, Biomerieux, 3M, etc).
• Experienced professionals in Food production, Pharmaceutical Production; Microbiology QC Lab, Food Safety science; Life science specialist from R&D area, academy experience
• QC in Pharma or F&B
• Lab, QA/QC, Life Science Specialist or R&D Lab technician; Technician, specialist in quality control/assurance in food, beverage or pharma laboratory
• Laboratory analyst or Lab supervisor
• Solve queries on time with content in your response that allows us to resolve the claims of our clients. Ability to present solutions in friendly-user language
• Agility, good communication, teamwork, innovative, listening, responsibility and engagement
• Ability to transfer knowledge, knowledgeable, leadership, empowerment, result oriented, Team working spirit
• Highly Analytical mind. Proactive. Curious.
• Manage time efficiently
• Analytical & problem solving ability.
• Customer centric orientation
• Well involved in regulatory aspects and requirements regarding Biomonitoring
• Knowledge of ISO preferred.
Experience : 3-5 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma
Job Requisition ID: 174063
Functional Area : Bio Monitoring
End Date : 1st August, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database