Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Post : Key Accounts Manager
The Key Accounts Manager (KAM) is responsible for maximizing business opportunities in the Reimbursement for Pfizer Innovative Health (PIH) brands in India. The role holder is responsible managing the key accounts in reimbursement sector including management of overall commercial performance of the institutional business and developing key relationships. He is responsible for working with sales team and cross-functional Pfizer stakeholders to ensure appropriate level of support for an account, including identification and development of additional revenue opportunities.
Job Purpose: The Key Accounts Manager (KAM) is responsible for maximizing business opportunities in the Reimbursement for Pfizer Innovative Health (PIH) brands in India. The role holder is responsible managing the key accounts in reimbursement sector and in including management of overall commercial performance of the institutional business and developing key relationships. He / she is responsible for working with sales team and cross-functional Pfizer stakeholders to ensure appropriate level of support for an account, including identification and development of additional revenue opportunities.
1. Strategic/ Policy
• Develop the strategic plan for institutional sales in the Reimbursement accounts for the region by taking a short, mid and long term view of the business
• Analyze and understand the impact of macroeconomic factors and industry trends on the Reimbursement institutional sales business and create account plans accordingly to optimize sales opportunities
• Conduct sales analytics for the entire region for Reimbursement institutional sales to help draw out trends that impact the future business plans and provide inputs to the business manager for driving growth
• Develop the product positioning strategy for the Reimbursement with the marketing and Global Health and Value team
2. Operational / Process Account Management:
• Track tenders released by Reimbursement accounts and collaborate with institutional teammates to respond in a timely manner
• Stay updated about changes in terms and conditions, criteria for selection of products, competitor mapping with public bodies like Health Ministry - Secretary and Joint Secretary (Health), CGHS Directorate, Board Members of Railways, Director General Armed Force Medical Store, Medical Commissioner, ESIS and international agencies helping state-wise purchase
• Create awareness on scientific differentiation of Pfizer Innovative Health brands so that we are included in to the e preferred list of products for the accounts managed
• Manage a set of prioritized (designated) accounts to achieve agreed business objectives
• Monitor progress of accounts managed and evolve action plans as appropriate (monitor account contacts, plan execution, profit, value, volume growth, and market share) Customer engagement:
• Identify the decision making and influencing network (within and those impacting the accounts) for the Reimbursement bodies identified within the region
• Develop / maintain effective relationships with national, regional or local bodies / government officials and any other key stakeholders and decision making authorities within prioritized accounts
• Leverage opportunities for synergy and collaboration (with relevant internal and external stakeholders) to adequately meet the customer needs and achieve the business goals for Pfizer
• Develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders who would have a strong influence in Reimbursement Cross Functional Interactions
• Coordinate with cross functional teams to effectively develop and demonstrate differentiated value propositions created for Reimbursement
• Coordinate with the sales teams to ensure that the account plans are adhered to and the sales opportunities are maximized across total product portfolio offered by Pfizer Innovative Health for the accounts managed.
• Update key stakeholders routinely on the status of the accounts managed and align them with any modifications in the account plans
• Provide key account / customer insights to the marketing and strategy teams to help them co-create the marketing / strategic plan for Reimbursement
• Communicate account information, competitor information, and value proposition (insights) to commercial team
• Coordinate with the distribution team to ensure availability of products as per the account plans
• Collaborate with Pfizer Essential Heath (PEH) institutional team
• Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions.
• Demonstrate leadership behaviors
• Ensure achievement of sales budgets for the assigned accounts in the region
• Align budgets and resources based on the account opportunities & business potential to optimize return on investment
• Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability.
• Ensure compliance is adhered in all our conduct / interactions Relationship:
• External: Government bodies/Hospital Administration/Pharmacist/KOL`s/CEO/CFO/CMO/Procurement
• Internal: Business Manager, HO colleagues (Marketing, Medical Affairs, Sales), Distribution Team/Sales team/PEH Institutional Team Skills: Qualification
• 5~10 years of pharmaceutical experience (sales, marketing, operation, account management etc.) preferred
• Key Account Management and/or Sales Leadership experience preferred
• BA/BSc degree required. MBA preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
• Commercial Acumen & Customer Management: Demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare market, ability to develop and manage relationships with institutional customers, demonstrate account management & negotiation skills and understand how to prioritize resources and develop business plans.
• Business & Financial Acumen: Understand differential resource deployment, demonstrate ability to develop budgets and manage resource allocations and conduct P&L analysis.
• Account Management: Understand, influence and adapt to changing local healthcare, key customer and stakeholder needs. Assess the portfolio of accounts and prioritize limited resources in order to create 'wins' for the account and for Pfizer.
• Strategic Thinking: Align account needs with Pfizer goals, understand the healthcare and local market trends and accordingly develop appropriate account plans.
• Collaboration & Cross-Functional Team Work: Build and maintain strong trusting relationships.
• Leadership: Drive business via proactive communication on opportunities within accounts and coordinate internally; where applicable provides people development, coaching and performance management. demonstrate OWN-IT spirit
• Communication: Display effective listening and communication skills; think and communicate with the audience's needs in mind.
• Change Management Leadership: Adapt positively to new challenges/ambiguity, stay focused on performance and coach others to react positively to change
• Learning agility: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity and perform at a high level in unfamiliar situations
Location : Kolkata
Job ID : 4710447
Industry Type : Pharma
End Date : 25th July, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database