CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH), invites applications from exceptionally motivated candidates for pursuing doctoral research at CSIR-IMTECH under the aegis of PhD program being jointly run by CSIR-IMTECH and Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi.
CSIR-IMTECH is a multidisciplinary institute with state of the art research facilities, and faculty with research interests in the following frontier areas of modern microbiology.
Molecular Microbiology, Microbial Genetics & Epigenetics, Microbial Genomics, Host-Microbe Interaction, Pathogen Biology, Cellular Trafficking, Microbial Cell Biology, Structural Biology, Drug Designing and Development, Industrial & Environmental Microbiology, Genetic Engineering, Microbial Diversity & Ecology, Bioinformatics & Big Data Analytics, Biochemical Engineering and Medicinal Chemistry.
1. Candidates with Master's Degree (M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm) with minimum aggregate of 55% marks or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Science or Technology OR B. Tech/ B.E. (in Information Technology/ Computer Sciences/ Biological Sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology) OR B. Pharm. OR MBBS candidates with at least 55 % marks (or equivalent in CGPA) may apply. The minimum aggregate of marks in case of SC/ST/Differently-abled candidates are 50% (or equivalent in CGPA).
2. Candidates having any of the valid and tenable fellowship from CSIR-UGC NET/DBT-JRF examination (‘A’ Category only)/DST-INSPIRE Fellowship/ICMR-JRF examination or equivalent fellowship are eligible to apply. B.Tech/B.E./B.Pharm students with valid GATE score or qualified GPAT must fulfill the eligibility conditions of CSIR’s JRF-GATE fellowship (https://csirhrdg.res.in/Home/Index/1/Default/2774/58). Candidates with lecturer-ship/Assistant Professor ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or Candidates selected for working only in ICMR Projects or Candidates having M.Sc/M.Tech/ M.Pharm with GATE/GPAT are NOT eligible.
3. Candidates must also state their present occupation/enrolment status in the institute or university/information about fellowship activation etc., in the AcSIR application.
Any concealment may result in cancellation of admission at any stage.
The eligible candidates will be called for interview either in person at CSIR-IMTech, Chandigarh or through online mode. The interview will be aimed at assessing the candidate’s knowledge, critical analysis, logical reasoning and aptitude for scientific research. The result of the selected candidates will be declared on AcSIR website. The fee for the PhD program is as per AcSIR fee structure. In case, the interviews are held in person at CSIR-IMTECH, Chandigarh, then those appearing for the interview must be prepared to stay in Chandigarh for three days, which is the approximate time required to finalize the process. No TA/DA or any other expenses will be paid for appearing in the interview.
Important to Note:
1. The document verification process cannot be followed in the online mode of interviews. Therefore, all shortlisting, selection etc. would be provisional and will be confirmed only after verification of all relevant documents. In case of any deficiency of any type in the documents, the candidature would automatically stand cancelled any time on finding such a deficiency. Please note that valid proofs of Fellowship awarded and other necessary documents are mandatory for appearing in the interview.
2. The candidates who are waiting for results of qualifying examinations may also appear for interview but their joining is subject to clearing the eligibility criteria.
3. The fellowship MUST be valid and tenable at the time of joining CSIR-IMTECH.
4. Admission of candidates having DST-INSPIRE fellowship and those eligible for CSIR’s JRF-GATE or any other fellowship shall stand cancelled in case candidate fails to obtain fellowship from the respective funding agencies. CSIR-IMTech will not provide any financial support to such candidates.
5. Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement would not automatically entitle a person for selection.
6. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Last Date : 28th February, 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database