CSIR-IHBT is one of the 38 national laboratories of the Council of Scientific Industrial Research. It is located in the backdrop of snow-covered peaks of Dhauladhar mountain range at an elevation of 1300 m amsl. The Institute has a focus to develop technologies for boosting bioeconomy through sustainable utilization of Himalayan bioresources for societal, industrial and environmental benefits. The institute has successfully carried out mission-oriented projects on medicinal plants, aromatic plants, Himalayan floriculture, tea and selected crops of industrial significance.
Post : Project Scientist-ll
Projects Title - “Functional characterization of the host (plant) and vector (whitefly) proteins in systemic immunity and transmission of virus and virus-like pathogens (MLP-0158)”
Position Code : 4001
Maximum Age (as on last date of receipt of application) : 40 years
Consolidated Stipend (Per months) : Rs. 67,000/- + HRA
Educational Qualification(s) Essential / Desirable : Doctoral degree in science or masters in technology from a recognized university or equivalent and Three years’ research experience from Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations
Desirable : Post PhD experience in molecular plant pathogen interaction studies involving plant virus or viroid pathogens OR studies related to plant immunity concerning plant pathogens. This should be clearly stated by the candidate in the column meant for experience. If needed.supporting documents such as testimonial or self-claim document may be attached stating their experience in either of the above two areas.
Tenure of the project upto : 31-03-2023
E.mail address to whom application to be sent by the applicant : email@example.com
The number of positions as advertised may vary depending upto the suitability of candidates and access needs of the candidates in the project. The online applications should reach through prescribed e.mail ID shown against the positions on or before 21thFebruary, 2021. All the applications will be scrutinized by the duly constituted Screening Committee and all the recommended candidates will be interviewed over Video Conferencing. The date of online interview will be informed separately.
1. All interested candidates shall have to fill up application form (only as per the proforma annexed) and send in a single pdf file only through prescribed E.mail ID shown against the position. Please do not attach any documents with application form.
2. The candidates who want to apply for more than one positions need to apply separately for each position.
3. In case of selection, the information provided by the candidate in his/her proforma attached shall be verified from the original documents. In case any information provided found false or wrong the offer of engagement shall straightway liable to be cancelled.
4. Incomplete applications, late received applications, applications received through any other mode & applications for multiple posts in a single application form would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
5. All applicants must fulfill all the essential requirements of the position(s) and as well as other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on 21th February, 2021.
6. It is compulsory for all the applicants to fill up all the columns of the proforma very carefully before submission. No other format/proforma of application shall be accepted.
7. In case of Universities/lnstitute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/lnstitute.
8. The subject for the e.mail must be “Application for the position of..........(Position Code.......).
How to apply:
Step-1: Download the application proforma annexed with the advertisement.
Step-2: Fill up all the columns of application proforma very carefully in own handwriting.
Step-3: Scan completely duly filled application form in PDF format, and
Step-4:Send on specified E.mail ID shown against the position with mentioning subject as subject as “Application for the position of..................(Position Code......).
These positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the duration of the projects. There will be no right implicit or explicit for regular positions for any post in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H.P.) whatsoever.
The decision of the Director, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur shall be final for engagement of above mentioned positions in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H.P.)* Note:
1. Result awaited candidates are not eligible for apply.
2. No interim enquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
See All Other Jobs in our Database