Vacancy for Junior Research Fellow at Indian Veterinary Research Institute
Established in 1889, the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development of the region. The institute with faculty strength of more than 275 has a major mandate of research, teaching, consultancy and technology transfer activities. The institute with its long scientific heritage has always enjoyed a certain prestige, a tradition all of its own. The institute imparts quality post-graduate education to students not only from various parts of the country, but also from overseas.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
One post of junior research fellow (JRF) has to be filled in this institute under DBT funded project Unraveling the Pathobiology of Bovine Pancreatic Insufficiency Associated With FMDV Infection and Development of Ameliorative Measures, on contractual basis. The appointment of the post is for a specific period of the project and the service will automatically stand terminated at the end of the contractual period.
Project Duration : 3 years (First two years as JRF and 3rd year as SRF)
Essential Qualifications : Master’s degree (M.V.Sc / M. Tech / M.Sc.) in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry / Microbiology / Veterinary Microbiology or relevant subjects in life science with NET qualification [Examination conducted by various Central Government Departments/Agencies like CSIR-UGC, ICMR, ICAR, DAE, DBT, GATE etc. are considered as National Eligibility Test (NET) as mentioned in the OM April Edn.6/27/2014-HRD dated October 09, 2015] or PhD (awarded) in above mentioned subjects.
Desirable Qualifications :
i. Working experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
ii. Working knowledge of MS Office, report writing with good command in English
Remuneration : Rs 31000 per month + 24% HRA
Age limit : 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on the date of advertisement (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per rules).
Terms and conditions:
1. The appointment will be on contractual basis/ purely temporary and co-terminus with the project, and the incumbent shall not have any claim for regular appointment under ICAR.
2. The candidate must bring one set of their complete bio-data in original, thesis dissertation, reprints of published papers with self-attested copies of the testimonials (certificates, mark sheets and degrees) from matriculate onwards and age proof with two passport size photographs along with all originals with them. The applicant may submit copy of their bio data in advance by post or by mail to email@example.com. Candidates should submit one valid ID proof at the time of interview.
3. No objection and experience certificate from the current employer must be produced in case she/he is in employment. Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification of the candidature or termination even after appointment.
4. The period of appointment of JRF will be for a period of three years. First two years as junior research fellow and third year as senior research fellow.
5. The Principal Investigator reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview and terminate the contract at any time without notice or assigning any reason thereof, even before the completion of the tenure or project for which no appeal shall be made. The JRF/SRF may also leave the assignment, on their own volition, by giving one month notice. At the end of the contracted period, the JRF will have no right to claim any employment or engagement in the ICAR.
6. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in interview. No separate letter will be issued.
7. Candidates fulfilling the Essential Qualification only need to attend the walk-ininterview.
8. The selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination as per the rules for ensuring their physical fitness before appointment.
9. The candidates are required to submit the application as per the format annexed (ANNEXURE-I) duly signed.
10. Candidates having marks issued in the form of CGPA/OGPA should produce/the approved conversion table/formula at time of reporting for interview, otherwise their candidature will not be considered.
The Walk-in Interview will be held on 20/2/2020 at 10.30 am at the institute (ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Hebbal, Bengaluru-560024)
Interested candidates are advised to come in person along with the academic certificates and experience testimonials.
See All Other Jobs in our Database