The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the most successful teaching NHS Trusts in the country. We offer the second highest number of specialist services than any other group of hospitals in the UK. With around 14,500 staff, the Newcastle Hospitals is one of the region’s major employers. We have a long-standing reputation for high quality clinical care with our staff’s commitment to excellence reflected in our consistent performance at the highest level. We are committed to being an “employer of choice” offering our staff superb benefits, looking after their wellbeing, and providing access to high-quality education, training, career progression and support which enables them to provide “healthcare at its very best – with a personal touch”. With more than 1.69 million patient contacts each year, delivering innovative, high quality services locally, regionally and nationally and internationally and was awarded ‘Outstanding’ rating by the CQC.
Post : Omnicell Senior Pharmacy Technician
• An exciting opportunity has arisen within Pharmacy Services at Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We are looking for a forward thinking technician to support the implementation and ongoing management of automated medicine storage cabinets on wards and departments throughout the Trust.
• Working closely with the Omnicell Systems Manager as a key member of the implementation team the successful candidate will have the opportunity to further develop existing skills and the potential to expand their knowledge and experience in new areas including service development, automated ward systems, data collection and data analysis.
• To facilitate the ongoing monitoring of pharmacy’s performance indicators the post holder under the direction of the Omnicell Systems Manager, will play a key role assisting in the collection and recording of valuable data on a monthly basis and also in the generation of reports key to effective stock management and waste reduction.
• Another important aspect of the role is the delivery of training and the provision of ongoing support to pharmacy and nursing staff in the use of these automated drug cabinets as they are introduced onto wards and departments across the Trust. Assisting in the resolution of basic maintenance problems associated with the Omnicell cabinets is also key to facilitate the timely supply of medicines to patients.
• The successful candidate will also support other key strategic developments which include working in our electronic prescribing system (Cerner) to help build a clinical pharmacy ePrioritisation tool and supporting the integration of Cerner with our pharmacy dispensing system (JAC) to help revolutionise the way we dispense medicines.
• Previous experience of Microsoft Word, Excel Spread sheets, databases and experience of working with ward automated stock management systems although advantageous is not essential as training will be given.
• Good communication skills, engaging with others and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are qualities also essential to this role.
Location : Regent Point First Floor, Regent Farm Road Gosforth Newcastle NE3 3HD UK
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Pharmacy Admin - RVI
Closing Date :15/02/2018
Interview Date : 14/03/2018
For further information about the above position or to arrange an informal visit please contact - Elaine Davies Omnicell Systems Manager e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See All Other Entrances in our Database