Opening to work as Medical coding specialist I in Icon Clinical Research
ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I - IV clinical studies ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development.
We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart.
Post: Medical coding specialist I - 008628
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Independently perform medical coding of Case Report Form (CRF) terms using specified dictionary, thesauri and coding conventions to ensure coding integrity and consistency within the clinical database for specified projects.
2. JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
include, but are not limited to the following:
• Identify and apply appropriate codes from specific dictionaries to Case Report Form (CRF) terms that require manual coding (e.g. adverse events, medications/procedures, and medical conditions/history).
• Accurately and consistently apply coding conventions to Case Report Form terms in accordance with all applicable procedures.
• Review all coded terms within the clinical database for accuracy and consistency and appropriately address coding discrepancies or inconsistencies.
• Accurately generate data queries where applicable to resolve coding discrepancies.
• Maintain coding documentation within project files as appropriate.
• Assist with the development, review and update of Data Management Coding Study Specific Procedures when applicable.
Generate and review status reports and metrics as appropriate. Represent Coding group at internal / external meetings as appropriate. Effectively mentor less experienced staff. This may include assisting and guiding new personnel during their initial training period.
• Perform other duties reasonably related to the position as directed by manager/designee
3 QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Education and /or Experience:
Minimum of a Diploma or Degree in an appropriate Scientific discipline with a minimum of 1 year Clinical Data Management Coding experience.
For more info on Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.