The Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) is a national apex body which was set up in 1966 by the packaging and allied industries and the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, with the specific objective of improving the packaging standards in the country. The Institute is an autonomous body working under the administrative control of the Ministry of Commerce.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for engagement of purely temporary and contractual staff at IIP as given below.
Essential Qualification : A person of eminence with Ph. D or Retired Professor with similar qualification and experience. A Master's degree (M. Sc /M. Tech/ MS) in Science/Applied Science/Packaging Technology/Printing Technology/Material Science/Food Technology/Pharmaceutical Science/Polymer Science /Ceramic / Paper Technology/Designing or equivalent with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
Experience : Preference will be given to candidates having experience in packaging and relevant field.
Fixed Consolidated Remuneration Per Month all inclusive : Rs.80000/-
No. of Contractual Vacancies : Three (IIP Mumbai-1, IIP Delhi -1, IIP Hyderabad - 1)
Essential Qualification : A Master's degree (M.Sc /M. Tech/ MS) in Science /Applied Science /Packaging Technology/Printing Technology/Material Science /Food Technology/Pharmaceutical Science/Polymer Science /Ceramic/Paper Technology/Packaging Designing. Post-Harvest technology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Dairy Technologist or equivalent with 55% narks from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by Lie UGC or the CSIR (exemption from NET shall be granted in accordance with clause according to UGC).
Experience : High preference will be given to Ph.D and NET qualified candidates and to candidates having experience in packaging and relevant field.
Fixed Consolidated Remuneration Per Month all inclusive : Rs.50.000/- to Ph.D. & Rs.45,000/- to Post Graduate
No. of Contractual Vacancies : Eight (IIP Mumbai - 2, IIP Delhi-2, IIP Hyderabad - 2, IIP Kolkata -1, IIP Chennai - 1)
Young professional / Consultant
Essential Qualification : Graduation with three year's experience in similar administrative capacity. Post graduate or MBA with two year's experience in admin, matters/ good communication skills in Hindi & English (speaking & writing, letter drafting, business communication, sound computer knowledge of MS Office etc.)
Experience : Preference will be given to higher experience.
Fixed Consolidated Remuneration Per Month all inclusive : up to 45000/-
No. of Contractual Vacancies : One (IIP Mumbai - Director Office)
Terms & Conditions
1. Candidate fulfilling the above eligible criteria are advised to submit online application using google form uploaded on IIP website along with copies of all relevant testimonials/certificates/marksheets/grade cards, details of educational, technical & professional qualification, work experience certificates, research work papers, publications, brief write up supporting the candidature/suitability for the desired contractual vacancy, email addresses and contact numbers of minimum two referees.
2. Candidate who arc not able to submit online application may submit offline application form available at IIP website along with the above-mentioned documents addressed to Assistant Director (General Admin. & IT), Indian Institute of Packaging, Plot E2, Road No.8. MIDC Area. Andheri (East), Mumbai 400093.
3. The engagement is purely temporary and contractual. The above contractual vacancies are purely contractual & temporary and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in IIP for any posts.
4. Selection Procedure: The temporary and contractual engagement is purely on contract basis. Applications received in response to this advertisement will be shortlisted on the basis of qualification and experience of applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview for selection as per above staled vacancies.
5. Remuneration: A fixed monthly remuneration as per above stated table shall be paid. The amount of remuneration so fixed shall remain unchanged for the term of contract and there will be no increment / percentage increase during the contract period. The selected candidate will not be entitled to any benefits like PF. Pension, Gratuity. Medical allowance, House Rent Allowance. Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance or any other allowance. No TA/DA is admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion.
6. Scope of duties: During the period of such engagement, shortlisted candidates may be called for service on weekends or holidays or beyond normal working hours for which no extra remuneration will be paid. They will be required to perform the duties assigned to them as per requirement.
7. Tax Deduction at Source: The income tax or any other tax liable to be deducted as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at soiree before affecting the payment for which office will issue TDS certificate.
8. Office Timing and working hours: Engagement of above vacancies would be on full time basis. Working hours shall be from 09:30am 06:00pm including .30 minutes lunch break in between. They will not be able to take any other assignment during the period of contractual engagement.
9. Confidentiality of data and documents: The Intellectual property rights of the data collected as well as deliverables produced far the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose to a third party any pail of the data or statistics or information collected for the purpose of assignment without written consent of the office. Candidates will be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the office before the expiry of the contract and before the final payment is released by the office.
10. Conflict of Interest: Candidates appointed by the office shall in no ease represent or give opinion or advice to other in any matter which is averse to the interest of the office. No candidate would be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of contract.
11. Termination of service: The engagement may be terminated by the office without assigning any reasons by giving one month. In case the candidate desires to leave the assignment, he / she has to give 7 days’ notice which can be curtailed / extended depending upon the work load. In case the candidate is found unfit on any account / if he / she is found guilty of any insubordination / misconduct, his / her services can be terminated immediately without any notice. The selected candidate cannot be entitled for any claim / right for continuing in assignment or regular appointment to this assignment / post or any other post in IIP.
12. IIP shall not be responsible for any loss, accident, damage, injury suffered by the candidates whatsoever arising in or out of the execution of his / her work including travel.
13. Fulfillment of educational qualifications and experience does not necessarily entitle any applicant to be called for further process of temporary and contractual engagement of staff.
14. IIP reserves the right to fill the vacancy advertised or otherwise. No correspondence will be entertained for postal delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview etc.
15. Only shortlisted candidates shall be informed by email to appear for the interview.
16. IIP reserves right on selection or discontinuation of the service of selected candidate and no further communication shall be considered thereafter.
17. Candidate cannot claim any right of employment in the Institute during or after the discontinuation of the contract.
18. Candidates are required to submit all relevant documents, along with application. Application without relevant documents and annexures shall be treated as disqualified.
19. Candidate working in government organization is required to submit his/her application through proper channel along with last five years APAR copies and undertaking.
20. The contractual engagement will be for a period of one-year subject to the condition of satisfactory performance which will be assessed for three months. The contractual engagement can be extended or terminated after three months based on performance and requirement.
Last date of submission is 31st December, 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database